PDA

View Full Version : Can I add links/functions to listings?

mlsa
07-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Forgive me if this isn't the best place for this question but it didn't really seem like it falls into the addon category...

I would like to add the exact same functionality of the virtual tours link to another link for the listings page. I would like to have a link for something like "Click here for broadband slideshow" which would only show up if I have actually added that in the admin section just as I do for virtual tours which also means that the admin section needs to have a function to upload such a file just as I do for virtual tours. Theoretically this could be used for almost anything, not just the example I have described...For example, pdf files, exe files, etc.

Any ideas you can share?

Thanks.

pbflash
07-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Just create a new field in the listing editor. Make the caption something like broadband slideshow and then you add the link like you would any other listing field. If thre's no link entered, it won't display the field on the listing view.

mlsa
07-10-2005, 09:28 PM
That'll do! :D

Thanks again, pbflash.

pbflash
07-10-2005, 09:43 PM
No problem. It's not the same as the virtual tours but it's easier than creating an addon to do this or modifying the OR core files which would have to be re-done if you update in the future.

I know your original post suggested a way to upload the slideshow under the listing the same way you do with virtual tours but that would require a lot of changes to the OR core.

You may want to post this as a feature request that would allow uploads of any type of additional file for a listing. As you said, this would allow for people to upload almost any type of file. PDF versions of floorplans, documents for detailed lease/rental conditions, lease/rental applications, etc. I have seen a few requests for this type of functionality so it may show up in future versions of OR. Until then, either use my suggestion or create an addon to handle it.

mlsa
07-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Yes, pbflash, my thoughts exactly. This will certainly do for now but it's not ideal whereas what you describe would offer much greater flexibility.

Thanks.