PDA

View Full Version : beta 12, anyone else having this problem - NOT A BUG -SOLVED

Anonymous
07-15-2003, 10:12 AM
run configurator, get

13 -- create index idx_searchable on default_listingsFormElements (searchable)
ERROR - create index idx_searchable on default_listingsFormElements (searchable)

and it stops.

yonny@home
07-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Its not a Bug, but depends on your Host
You need to set :
config['manage_index_permissions'] = 'Yes' to No in the common.php

See also here:
http://www.open-realty.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=779

Anonymous
07-15-2003, 05:19 PM
if that had worked i wouldn't have posted. sorry i wan't more clear. i have the same problem "yes" or "no"

Anonymous
07-15-2003, 05:43 PM
got it to work by commenting out stuff like

$sql_insert[] = "create index idx_searchable on " . $config[table_prefix] . "listingsFormElements (searchable)";

in the configurator.php file.

what is this going to affect besides speed? :?:

also, noticed a floating tag <center on the demo site here, and also, the "|" between the links is missing.

yonny@home
07-15-2003, 06:00 PM
I have the same problem on my host,
and i am not shure if its affecting other things but speed, but it seems not.
I dont understand such special database related things, better ask Ryan for description.
He didnt do much against it, just putted the yes or no feature to the code.
So i think its not very important to have it working (i hope )
Configurator doesnt work, and i imported the tables Phpmyadmin - this works
too .
Sorry myself, dont know more related to that Prob.

greengiant
07-16-2003, 08:36 AM
It will only effect speed a little if you turn on the manage index that i have in teh common.php file. It is actually only effecting a temportaty table.. BUT if you comment out the lines that have CREATE INDEX in the configurator.php file and run that, you searching is going to be VERY SLOW. Do not do this, instead create teh database by loading or having your hosting provider load teh openrelaty.sql file manually. This way teh Indexes are still created..

WHY are hosting providers not allowing manage index support? Can someone explain this??

the_sandking
07-16-2003, 12:50 PM
<quote>WHY are hosting providers not allowing manage index support? Can someone explain this??[/quote]

Because after the .com bust datacenters and webhosts can't afford people who actually have experience and/or know what they are doing.

I've seen places that every server is running a different dist of APACHE, PHP, etc... When somebody at a webhost gets smart enough to do things right, they leave for more money..

Not to say there aren't some people out there that know what's going-on, it's just that there are fewer of them in the business these days.

yonny@home
07-16-2003, 07:26 PM
Today, my Provider will call me back by Phone he answered,
because i wrote him an email describing the situation with the tablepermissions.
Maybe i know more after talking..