PDA

View Full Version : another site looking for feedback

cmeesoon
08-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Site is now live....thanks :D

RealEstate
08-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Looking good. I like the featured agent idea, I hardly ever seen that in OR sites. Very creative twist.

I recognize the layout of the listingview, it seems similiar to
a canadian site I've seen from a very popular and active forum member.

pbflash
08-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Very nice. The only problems I see are:

The agent info on the listing view page is being displayed on top of your left column.

Some of your agent photos are too big for the featured agent section and is blowing your template apart. One in particular is user # 78.

cmeesoon
08-02-2005, 08:09 AM
The agent info on the listing view page is being displayed on top of your left column.

Some of your agent photos are too big for the featured agent section and is blowing your template apart. One in particular is user # 78.
Thanks for looking.....
The agents are "made" to show up on the top left column on purpose....thought I would try something different :)

.....as for the #78 issue....that was/is due to using another data base to set this site up and I am doing a purge to clean up that DB so that I can use this site as a cookie cutter template for some other "local" clients.
I am hard coding everything to be controlled by both a common.php or css and I'm also going over the SEO ......see the top title bar of any listing.

I am tying to finish this one by Thursday...with IDX integration...and I have 4 more to get done this month ...C21...ReMax...and 2 other private lables.

pbflash
08-02-2005, 10:48 AM
The agents are "made" to show up on the top left column on purpose....thought I would try something different :)

Actually I just looked at it in IE and it looks good. Did you look at it in Firefox?

Fat Lizard
08-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Usually, if you've seen one OR site, you've seen them all.
This one is thankfully different and appealing.
Well done.
FL

ican
08-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Looking good. I like the featured agent idea, I hardly ever seen that in OR sites. Very creative twist.

I recognize the layout of the listingview, it seems similiar to
a canadian site I've seen from a very popular and active forum member.

Yes, I created that layout here http://www.canadarealty.ca/listingview.php?listingID=1

Glad to see someone using it.
I have to figure a way to get this into 2.0 branch

PM me I might have some more tricks I can pass on.

calmpitbull
08-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Great theme, nice looking site. One thing I would be careful of is using 2 sets of google adsense on one page, this is against googles terms and conditions for adsense. Not a lot of people know that.

I really like the site though :)

pbflash
08-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Google allows up to three adsense ad units per page now.

ian_ok
08-07-2005, 04:44 AM
and BTW ...Feel free to click on some of those google ads so that I can have the much needed beer $ to complete the task at hand LOL :D

You might only be joking, but don't, don't you think G can't read these forums? Asking anyone to clcik you ads is against G's TOS and will get you banned, is it worth it for a few cents, when your future gain from G could be a lot more!

Your add to favorites PAge cannot be found.
I like the listingview set up, where did you get this template from?

Ian

cmeesoon
08-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Your add to favorites PAge cannot be found.
I like the listingview set up, where did you get this template from?

Ian
Fixed the bad link...thanks again!

as for the listingview..I use that one on most of my sites that I do...I had seen it on a couple of other sites and I liked it so much that I decided to do a re-fit to my sites.....its not available as a download template....just another one of those things that I did on my own after seeing something I liked :D

I am sure you know that as with any html....if you can "see" the layout you can then copy and mod it to your needs and then do a final css to control the text/color etc.. a perfect example is this site http://www.myrtlebeachallstars.com

ian_ok
08-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi I'm not after downloading it, just was impressed with it and thought it may have been a downloaded template....wrong again!!!