PDA

View Full Version : Implementation design request

Anonymous
07-29-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi -

What would be the best implementation of OR for a site that has different types of listings?

For example, say someone wanted to have a job listing, a real estate listing, as well as a company listing. Would this need three separate installs of OR using three different databases or is there a way to keep this all in one database?

Thanks a lot for any comments or suggestions --

RealtyOne
07-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Seperate installs would be best useing one database and different table prefixes.
This is the reason for the prefix being added.

iceman
07-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Seperate installs would be best using one database and different table prefixes.

Does that means user signup for one category of listing can use the same id and pw to enter another category of listing?

If not, why want to use one database. Or what is the benefit?

RealtyOne
07-30-2003, 04:39 AM
If thats how you want it yes.
Or you can use the same user tables for all databases enabling users to go to any listing in any catagary as a member and or agent

Anonymous
08-08-2003, 12:51 PM
I would like to install one database for realty and one for cars.
How do I merge/ share the user_table of both databases to allow users to login to both categories?

RealtyOne
08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
i would just create a third area within the same site including the database and call it autos.
So the complete site is intergrated to one database. but the database has extra entrys for autos (alter listings).
i did this prior to the prefixing with no problem and the actuall idea is still very valid its not really hard to do allthough it takes some time to get all the entrys together.
This is something that while possible (like most things) is not a plugin but a time consuming manual editing job.
All you need is patience :)

RealtyOne
08-09-2003, 12:09 AM
i have submitted a beta version of this as a mod while it still needs work it will or should get you started and as soon as time allows i will clean it up. Look for it in the mods area.. Once accepted by Ryan it will apear.