PDA

View Full Version : seeking someone to update OR

jerseyjoe
01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Please quote me, in a private message or email, the cost of up upating from 2.01 to the current release. I want to keep the skinning, the FK editor and the field definitions (etc) in the admin interface.

Thanks

Mick
01-27-2006, 06:44 PM
It's not that difficult to update from a 2.x to 2.1x version. For the most part the biggest change to the templates is the addition of some new templated pages (search page, featured listings and a few)

You can copy those missing templated pages from the vertical menu template of the current distribution.

There were a couple of template tags that won't work any longer in or will need to be changed but those again aren't too much trouble to find and edit on your existing template pages.

Once you have those template changes made.. upload the changed template.. all the 2.1.5 distribution files and upload the new installer and run the update option to update your 2.x to 2.1.5 and you should be all set (make sure you backup your database and all your files before attempting an upgrade)

jerseyjoe
01-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Normally I might tackle this myself but I am recovering from an accident, I have a bit of nagging pain and the meds have ruined my focus. Meanwhile, my customer needs the upgrade.

A delay is not a starter beacuse soemwhere along the way I broke something. A bit of code is parsed and visible after a new lisitng is added - and some of the lisitings don't show up where they should. So, all in all, this needs a steadier hand than I have right now.

If you know someone who will do the upgrade for a reasonable fee, I'd appreciate being put in touch.

I can be reached in a private message

Thanks

lucion
01-28-2006, 08:33 PM
How soon do you need it done? I'm tied up with a couple of projects right now, but I'll probably have time in a couple of weeks. pm me if you're interested.