PDA

View Full Version : Auto Market (car classifieds in Bosnia and Herzegowina)

bit
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
www.automarket.ba

Still updating with new OR 2.1.5 files. Site is in Bosnian Language.

RealEstate
02-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Good going bit.

I feel the thumbnails photos aren't as clear as they should be. They look
a little fuzzy...is it me or do you see that too?

bit
02-10-2006, 05:23 AM
Yes, you are right,

I set size of thumbnail by hard coding, because I need biger thumbnails in Featured listigs, but also smaller on all other places.

If you know the way to have different sizes of thumbnails in featured listing modul and on searchresults page (and listing detail page), please write it here.

Tnx

RealEstate
02-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Perhaps if there was a way that different size thumbnails are created while you upload the image.

1 thumb for featured
1 for search results

Then you can call each size where it corresponds.

I remember someone did something similiar but for the
printer friendly flyer. He wanted the printer friendly flyer
to have a larger and higher resolution pic.

That's all I got for now...sorry couldn't help more.

Or if you want to make it more simple, just choose a number
between the big one and the small one for now.

jared
02-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Clever work pal, I like the layout.

The fact that the site includes FERRARI is the clincher for me. :)

good job

Jared

RealEstate
02-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Is there a way that when a visitor is searching and they
choose brand Acura, that the model pulldown lists all the models
that have been added to the inventory?

Like what autotrader does.

I think this would be cool and usefull for properties.
Main category:
Residential

Subcategory:
>>All (selects all of the properties under residential)
>>Single family
>>Townhome
>>Condo
>>Villa
>>Apartment
>>etc

Arne
03-17-2006, 02:07 AM
www.automarket.ba

Hi Bit,

Your site looks like what I am trying to achieve. Great. Any chance of lending me your templates to translate into Dutch?

Arne

bit
03-18-2006, 11:39 AM
RealEstate: I would like that option too. I dont know that anyone have made that yet. If you hear something, please let me know.

Arnie:
My template dont have much to translate. Or better to say i think there is nothing here to translate.

The biggest job was to build menu , I made it in java script. Other static pages are made in dreamweaver and generated html is pasted in static pages. Also I made my own search page, I explained the easiest way to do this: check all fields that you wish to be searchable, then open default search page in you browser, and save that page on your computer and you will get all code for your search form, that you can customize the way you want.

You cant translate searchpage because you will probably use you own field names in database, and this is realy not big deal to do.

and at last, this template I made for this site exclusivly, so you will need to get your hands on this, or to pay some of this great people here to made you something like that.

Soon the catalog of new cars that people can buy in Bosnia will be finished, and here you can see how OR can be used to build this kind of catalogue ( http://www.automarket.ba/novi-automobili/searchresults.html ). THIS IS GREAT TOOL, THANX RYAN AND OTHER GUYS.

regards

MingusTheCat
03-20-2006, 09:12 AM
www.automarket.ba

Hi guys,

I'm just to working to an Automarket web site in Italy and I 've seen what have you done. Very impressive!

I got a few questions on your work:

1. Have you developed your automarket starting from the OpenRealty module? Which development was necessary to have OPenRealty fit you needs?
2. It's open realty fully compatible with joomla? (that is not clear in the product docs)
3. I need to show B2C and B2B offers, in the latest the store is shown in a reserved extranet area, and it displays special offers and discount (same products different prices). Do we have this feature in the OPenRealty pack or we have to develop it?
4. I need a tool to download and upload products db (with features as insert, update). Is there a CSV file management utility?
5. I would like to offer to the manager the simplest interface to manage the product offer without giving access to the administration back end. I would like also to have the ability to create different user to insert and manage their own ads.
6. I would like record sales and final price in order to keep track of all sales activity.

Thank you for your reply.

2let2sell2buy
07-09-2007, 07:12 AM
@ realestate

try this... http://javascript.internet.com/forms/dropdown-box-population.html