PDA

View Full Version : Users vs Agents

Denver Dave
12-20-2002, 02:39 PM
OpenRealty 3.01 was designed from the standpoint that agents will enter their own data. This may depend on personalities and the size of the office. I think there is a market for Open-Realty for regional offices that may have more than one location and have administrative people that will enter all of the information and assist in the entering of the same information to MLS and producing flyers.

If anyone else is interested in this "presentation shift", we could discuss relatively simple modifications such as being able to show more records on the modify listings and modify users page. Make certain changes such as in general agents with listings agents rather than users. Perhaps a drop down with a discription to assign user (agent number) and maybe allow the agent to be entered when the record is added rather than requiring a second pass to change the adding user to the listing agent.

If anyone else is thinking along these lines, please post your ideas.

Thanks.

greengiant
12-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Dave,

I have been thinking about extending the ACL of openrealty so that, you can assign someone "broker" status. So that they could edit listings of other people in their office. If we developed a tiered system for creating an office so that you could say that company A had office 1 and 2. Then you could assign broker John Doe to office 1, and broker Mary Jane to office 2. You could also then assign a secretary Sue broker status to the entire company. This would go along way to making open realty a viable MLS type of option, instead of being targeted at the local realtor. Once i get some free time, I will start working on a design spec for this and alot of other things i want to look at doing. And I will post some more information to the forums about it... let me know what you think.

TDCS
03-17-2005, 11:09 AM
I currently have a customer that has 5 agents but wants only the owner to post the listings (as in a broker). This idea I feel is exaclty what would do the job.

I would be interested in setting this up.

However, is there currently a way to allow the admin to post listings for other agents. At this time I have the admin posting then editing the listings to change the name of the agent.

Thanks

tombones
03-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Am I missing something? In the one office many agents with 1 person entering model isn't just a change to the add listing to include selection of the listing agent when logged in as admin all that needs done?

TDCS
03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
That is exactly what I need.

But, being new to OR I am not sure where to begin.

I get editing the form, but not what to call the field how to make it use the current agents as the choices.

I may be overthinking this a bit. I assumed I would have to use some type of SQL calls or something of that nature.

tombones
03-17-2005, 11:59 AM
That is exactly what I need.

But, being new to OR I am not sure where to begin.

I get editing the form, but not what to call the field how to make it use the current agents as the choices.

I may be overthinking this a bit. I assumed I would have to use some type of SQL calls or something of that nature.

Here you go. If you just need admin users to be able to select the user to list under then this will do it. A regular user will just get the standard form.

TDCS
03-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks

I have another question.

Since we are talking about changes to add listings, does anyone have an example of OR being used in a multiple agency environment. This would still use a single database, but instead of agents the users would be agencies.

This would be a single agent at each agency entering listings for their agency.

This would be kinda like an MLS for every agency in a single county or possibly a tri-county area.

Again, does anyone know of a site or sites doing this.

Thanks

tombones
03-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks

I have another question.

Since we are talking about changes to add listings, does anyone have an example of OR being used in a multiple agency environment. This would still use a single database, but instead of agents the users would be agencies.

This would be a single agent at each agency entering listings for their agency.

This would be kinda like an MLS for every agency in a single county or possibly a tri-county area.

Again, does anyone know of a site or sites doing this.

Thanks

We have offered a multi-broker/mini-mls environment for some time. The downside is db size if a lot of listings are posted. We may still have 1 client using the agent as broker scenario which really requires no modifications at all - simply name the user by the brokerage and go. The other scenario involves branding the site based on the url which is requested. That one was popular in its time though most abandoned it in favor of the multi-broker edition of our inhouse software which is specifically oriented to mimic the features of a more standard mls particularly the standardization of fields and accounting and historical subsystems. The cost of this software is typically prohibitive for smaller operations.

All in all unless you are trying to make a real mls with comps and the like standard OR will likely meet your needs out of the box.

TDCS
03-18-2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks tombones