PDA

View Full Version : Working IDX into your OR site

Torgen
08-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Has anyone come up with a way (besides frames) to work your IDX page into your OR site? Is there a way to build a php page that would put the body of the IDX page in the middle, so you don't leave the site when you search the MLS?

Also, we are now being offered VOWs in Florida. Has anyone worked with these yet? Is it possible to build a site using OR around a VOW?

Thanks!

greengiant
08-15-2003, 07:22 AM
VOW now that a new term.. Thank good for google.... I think se should invent our own standard.. I think we should have at least an even 4 out there. IDX,RETS,VOW,ORS :) Open-Realty Standard... Ok seriously, i have a powerpoint downloading now to explain to me what VOW is and how it is going to help me, blah blah blah.. I will post something more after watching the powerpoint.

greengiant
08-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Ok, I just wateched a huge pwerpoint on VOW's..... It is basically i rethought IDX, that has new rules for implimentation.... You have to have a password protected area on the site, and users mjust first agree to a client/brooker rlationship and be confirmed thier identity by email.. Brookers cant opt out of the VOW, like they can with IDX, which makes it a lot more usefull.. The problem, like all the IDX, RETS solutions our there, is that no one is going to offer the same type of access to the listings. The fields will change that they offer, etc..,. Which makes building a single IDX import utility for O-R impossible... I am talking with the center for Realtor Technology at NAR some, in hopes that they will start working with us to create an RETS import for open-realty, that way at least we will have a solid base, that can be quickly customized to fit teh local MLS RETS export offering.