PDA

View Full Version : Image resize

geenzelf
03-31-2006, 11:57 AM
I would like to have the following working with my OR website.

People make these days pictures with their 5 MP camera's --> huge pictures.

I would like to see the website automatically resize them to the size I setup(let's say a width between 400-500 px).

People shouldn't be bothered with resizing pictures, because the don't know how and placing a little manual/tutorial --> don't think people really want to read a manual before placing their listing.

As far as I know at this moment you can only make the size less by reducing the quality, I also want to be able to automatically reduce the pictures.

Is someone on this forum able to do this and how much would you charge?

alsmith
03-31-2006, 12:58 PM
you should try making your changes in the Admin then upload a picture, you will be amazed

Mick
04-01-2006, 12:47 PM
yep.. changes in the config will take care of what you need.. Although it won't resize the data size of the images unless you reduce the quality but will reduce the width/height size which in turn will bring down your data size as well.

Keep in mind that many servers will have a default PHP maximum file upload size of 2MB which will prevent users from uploading files larger than that unless this setting is changed on the server. Contact your host regarding this setting or search these forums and you will find how to do it with an .htaccess file

geenzelf
04-03-2006, 07:06 AM
I was a bit tired last days and have been working on my new joomla/OR website a bit to much, so I have been overlooking some things. Now 4 days not working on the site, today(tonight) a fresh restart.

Thanks for being so honest!

If have seen the functions, I'll have a look at it!