Forum Rules updated on 12/3/2008
The Open-RealtyŽ forums have grown tremendously since 2003 and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community.
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Forum Moderators.
Links in Signatures
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- This is a support forum for Open-RealtyŽ. If you need help or support with applications other than Open-RealtyŽ you should seek assistance from the application's developer.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate Open-RealtyŽ community standards. The Open-RealtyŽ team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules or attempts to creatively circumvent a forum rule. Access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer account (when applicable) is still entitled to support from Transparent's Support ticket system.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
Advertisement of Products/Services
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- Links to websites that sell or advertise web hosting or any add-ons that compete with products or services already provided by Transparent Technologies are prohibited.
- Links to websites that sell or advertise goods or services not directly related to Open-RealtyŽ are prohibited. Links to web design services or web design/programming educational materials (for instance) are acceptable.
Posts and signatures containing, linking to, or creating user names to advertise a product or service is prohibited, except in the following cases
Addon Releases (COMMERCIAL) or Addon Releases (FREE)
Template Releases (COMMERCIAL) or Template Releases (FREE)
- The Add-on Release forums are for making announcements of add-on releases. The add-on releases can be free add-ons or commercial add-ons, just post them to the appropriately labeled forum. Users may provide a detailed description of the add-on and a link to a website where user can purchase the add-on. The only post on this forum will be developers/vendors announcing add-ons, all other post will not be approved.
- Do not post "coming soon" advertisements for any add-ons that are not presently available or are presently a work in progress.
- The template release forums are for making announcements of template releases. The template releases can be either free or commercial templates, just post them to the appropriately labeled forum.. Users may provide a detailed description of the template and a link to a website where user can purchase the template. The only post on this forum will be developers/vendors announcing templates, all other post will not be approved.
- This is a forum where people can post for bids from developers to help develop custom solutions for Open-RealtyŽ. This forum is open to the entire community to monitor, so anyone can respond with an offer to take on the job. Developers are NOT allowed to post here to advertise their services, only posts that are in direct response to a person seeking a developer are allowed. Any negotiations regarding fees, costs or etc. should be handled using private email or PM, and not by posting.
We reserve the right to delete or modify any
posts, threads, or signatures that violate the above usage rules. All moderation decisions are final. Creating posts or threads to complain about moderation will be considered trolling.