Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parse error: english.php on line 25

Default Re: Parse error: english.php on line 25

The site has been running smoothly for about a year now. Thats why I am so suprised these issues are showing up. I will attach my main.php file here and also try your suggestion. The file I am uploading is the main.php file that you have been helping me escape the quotes with. The mainoriginal.php is the original file without the escaped quotes. Is there a possiblity that they have upgraded the version of php?

You might have to change them to a .TXT or include them as a ZIP file.

Ian

Thanks Ian. I did a little more research into my problem and downloaded the old files of OR 1.1.5b which is closest to my version, and the main.php file included with the zip has A LOT more code than mine, in addition all the quotes are escaped. Crazy! I have included the same files again but they are zipped. Thanks again Ian.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can only suggest you change your password for your website. The main you included is only 'part' of the true main.php

I could be problems with your host who has been attacked (I've read quite a lot of this lately and it's affected everyones site with that host), or your password has been compromised.

Upload the main.php from the downloaded version of 1.1.5b and see how that goes. Generally the main is a file that doesn't get altered (and is about 1600 lines long), so should all work fine when you upload, depending on other files!!!

ian

I have hosting through transparent technologies? Very strange. I went back and tried replacing the files as the errors occured. I ended up replacing main.php and adodb.inc.php. I now have no errors showing up. But now nothing shows up. It is just blank space? I will search the forums again for this new problem. If you have any insight please let me know. Thanks Ian.

Hi

If this is a new install of OR 1.1.5B to your web site then it may be this.

generic/

user_bottom.html

look for the footer code :

<?php
    // } // end if ($printer_friendly != "yes")

$end_time = getmicrotime();
    $render_time = sprintf('%.16f', $end_time - $start_time);
    echo "<!-- This page was generated in $render_time seconds -->";

?>

you may have to look for a search about this but comment the printer
    and see it that works.

I do still love the or 1.1.5b so simple and a great code.

Albert

Quote Originally Posted by haynest
    I have hosting through transparent technologies? Very strange. I went back and tried replacing the files as the errors occured. I ended up replacing main.php and adodb.inc.php. I now have no errors showing up. But now nothing shows up. It is just blank space? I will search the forums again for this new problem. If you have any insight please let me know. Thanks Ian.

Have you contacted TT? I'm sure they will be more than please to investigate.

If you wnat you can pm/email me your ftp details and I can take a look over the weekend as I have some free time.

Ian

Thanks for your suggestion awd, I will follow up on that and see if that works. I will also pm you ian in just a few moments and let you check the site out. Thanks guys.

Code:
    [05-Aug-2006 01:16:43] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/sharycom/public_html/include/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 222
    I found that you have this error, which is beyond me, I really do suggest you contact Ryan here. I can only presume that something has been updated on the server and it is causing the failings, but I could be wrong!

Ian

I found that through the help of Ian and Ryan at Transparent technology that my site had to have been hacked at some point and that malacious code was inbedded in my site. I will leave the post as answered. Thank you everybody for your help. My site is still down, but this current issue is resolved!