Thread: MySql 4.0 to 4.1 with O.R. 1.1.5b ???

Default MySql 4.0 to 4.1 with O.R. 1.1.5b ???

My host has sent out an advance warning that MySql is to updated to version 4.1 does anyone currently run O.R. 1.1.5b with 4.1 MySql or know if there has been any problems woth O.R. when MySql was updated ?

Thanks Ian

Default Re: MySql 4.0 to 4.1 with O.R. 1.1.5b ???

Hey Ian,

I have been unsuccesful in getting 1.1.5b running in MySQL 4. I sit here listening to my old server's Hard Drives dieing because I can't get 1.1.5b running on MySQL 4.

If you got it working I love to hear how, or if there is an easy way to upgrade a site design to OR 2 that would be fine to.

-Rob

Moving over to 2.x (2.3.4 suggested) would definitely be a possitive move. The "design" part of moving over is simple enough, just setup main.html with your layout. It takes basic html, php and css knowledge. If you have done custom search, results or listing pages... they will need to be reworked. And you will loose any customized php scripts/pages.

On the flip side, 2.3.4 has many advantages. An online wysiwyg editor, custom meta tags on each page, and many things I don't even know about . Plus more of the developers here are working on 2.x instead of the older version!

PM me if you need help!

Plus more of the developers here are working on 2.x instead of the older version!
    All of the developers are working on 2.x. There is nothing being done on prior versions.
    I have been unsuccesful in getting 1.1.5b running in MySQL 4
    What problems are you having? I've run 1.15 on 4.1.21 without making any changes to OR.

Thanks PB, I thought I had a few sites running under 4.x MySQL. But I would never start a new one on the old platform.

All of the developers are working on 2.x. There is nothing being done on prior versions.
    I guess I should of worded that differently. I still do work on the 1.15 OR platform, just not alot.And I know there is nothing new coming from the OR gurus.

Now I see what you mean. I still have 1 1.15 site that I do stuff on every once in a while. Haven't been able to convince them to upgrade yet.

I have two or three.... the only reason I haven't pushed the move is because I don't have time to write all the addons needed! But maybe, eventually I will!

I'll be doing the testing later this week, so i'll let you know how I get on.

Why haven't I changed to 2.x yet? Just haven't got the time at the moment to work on it, quite simple really!

Ian

Thanks to PbFlash I've just tested OR 1.1.5b on mysql 4.1.21 and the site works fine.

Cheers Ian