Thread: Need quote for work..

Lightbulb Need quote for work..

Need to know how much it would cost me for someone to make a script that I can run, that would strip listings off of my local mls and import them into OR.

Default Re: Need quote for work..

would strip listings off of my local mls
    I believe that is illegal and could get you in a lot of trouble. Don't they offer an idx or some other option instead of stripping them from their site?

Sorry, this is not illegal in Mexico. If your selling your home, it becomes common knowledge since they have advertised. Then it becomes community knowledge, and therefore community property. There is no such thing as illegally advertising a property.

Please send a quote. Thank you..

But stripping data and images from another site could be illegal. I guess that's for you to worry about I guess.

What you want to do is not that easy either. You would need something to go through the site page by page to extract the info. How would you do that without manually entering the URL of each property? The script is not going to know the URL for the properties on the mls site.

While I'm sure it's possible, I don't think it will be an easy task.

Wink Re: Need quote for work..

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    How would you do that without manually entering the URL of each property? The script is not going to know the URL for the properties on the mls site.

While I'm sure it's possible, I don't think it will be an easy task.
    I could manually give it the page. i could also manually specify the agent number to assign it to on OR. Al the script would really have to do is strip the pictures and description. It will take the URL and Admin nnumber manually.

http://mlsmexico.com/chapala/public/...&Search=Search

That's the url that contains most of them. There are a couple of others on the site.