Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADMIN as AGENT is not a feature it's bug :-)

Exclamation ADMIN as AGENT is not a feature it's bug :-)

I recently created a bug report about the admin no longer being able to create properties as an agent.

It was closed and the comment by pbflash said to edit the user DB and set teh admin account as an agent. Fine, right?

Wrong. Now the admin account shows up in the AGENT LISTING "view agents" feature.

Is there any way to configure an account to act as an agent, but not get listed as one?

Default Re: ADMIN as AGENT is not a feature it's bug :-)

Nope... what sense would that make in the first place though?

You want somebody to be able to list properties... however not actually show up as the person listing the properties?
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Sometime youre creating property but don't have all the information, so you want to save it in the admin account until you get all the pictures up and stuff, then transfer it to the agent account after all the work on it has been done. Waiting for an agent to send you his password so that you don't have to reset his to do it, is a pain.

Why do you need the agents password to edit their listing? That's what the edit all listings option is for.

Also, what if your running a shared MLS type server, where the admin is not supposed to get involved in selling. The other agents might say how gets the referrals that contact the admin account.

The admin is supposed to be a neutral figure. RE agents are very territorial, and if the admin appears as an agent, it tends to make them feel like the admin is competing against them. I don't want to make them think that I gat involved with selling RE. I'm just an RE "Marketter" , not an agent.

Also, it would have legal ramifications if someone accuses you of acting as an agent. They could screenprint the agent list, and there you are.

I just don't want to give the impression that I'm somehow getting involved as an agent.

Read my last post. Why do you have to set the listing up under the admin account in the first place? You can create the listing for the agent, edit it, add pictures, etc while logged in as admin. It doesn't have to be under the admin's name.

YEs you are right you can, but only as one of your agents if your account is not configured as an agent account too. Not as yourself. You used to be able to do it as yourself without having to be an agent.

The admin account can edit all listings and all parts of the listings like images and vtours. The admin account does not have to be set as an agent in order to edit a listing.

edit no, but create yes.

Admins can edit listings. I do it all the time on my demo site. People post the listings and I go in and edit, delete, or activate them. Why can't you edit the listings as admin? Do you get any errors?