Thread: Sales AND Rentals?

Default Sales AND Rentals?

So if someone wants a site for Rental Properties and the regular real estate sales, would that be easy to do?

I have customized OR to be used for rentals and I make a lot of changes to the listing_detail page so that which won't look good for displaying the sales properties.

So I was wondering if you could use 2 different listing_detail pages & have one for rentals & one for sales?

I guess I could just get another domain name for less than $10 a year and just have the sales listings on another domain and copy my or installation over to that and then use a different listing_detail page.

Any advice?

thanks!

-George

Default Re: Sales AND Rentals?

With the current version you can use different listing view templates for different property classes. You can also assign different listing fields using the listing template editor. Look at my site. I have all the standard OR property classes plus one for free addons and one for commercial addons. The addon classes use totally different listing fields and their own listingview template.

How to do this is all in the OR docs.

I read in the docs that you can use different search result templates by saving the file as:
    search_results_class_CLASSID.html

So I am currently using search_result_default.html
    I want to use another results page to list properties from another class so I saved a file as: search_results_class_5.html

I just replaced CLASSID with the class number (5).

But I guess that is not correct because the results for class 5 are still displayed using the
    search_result_default.html template.

Do I have the page name incorrect?

thanks and sorry for not reading the docs first, you guys must get tired of telling everyone to read the docs first

Ok, maybe why this is not working for me is that in the docs under "search result templates" it says (2.3.5 and later) and I only have 2.3.4 which is the latest I see on the download page. Is there a 2.3.5 ?

thanks!

2.3.5 has not been released yet. I forgot that was a new feature. You can get it if you use SVN.

So I used SVN to update the intall files that had previously saved locally.
    Then uploaded those to my site and ran install/upgrade but still when logged into admin it shows version 2.3.4

Should I have done something differently to get to 2.3.5? How can I tell that I actually have 2.3.5 downloaded?

thanks

The version number will not change until 2.3.5 is officially released. To test it, test some of the new features. If you view the SVN log you can see the new features/fixes that have been made since 2.3.4 was released.

Ok I found this in the log for Sept 13 2006 so I must have the right version but the filename is slightly different than what is in the docs?

Added ability to have search result pages based on property class id.

search_result_default_PCLASS.html
    eg.
    search_result_default_6.html

Tried saving with that filename & didn't work either.
    Tried different class numbers & saved as the following files:
    search_results_class_5.html
    search_result_class_5.html
    search_result_default_5.html

Do you suppose if I just posted this in the work section someone else would be able to get it to work for me?

I want to be able to show a search results page for Sales that shows the price, city, bedrooms, square footage fields. Then have another search results page for the Rentals class that display different fields like price per night, pet friendly, deposits etc.

thanks again.