Thread: Collation or encoding or character problem in search, please help!!!

Default Collation or encoding or character problem in search, please help!!!

I use OR 2.3.4, joomla 1.0.11, mysql 4.1.21, php 4.4.3

Please help me, this is the very serious problem and because of this problem I dont use search page fully functioned.
    I have two listings. When i use advanced search and for example use city search and select the one listing it has turkish character (ı,ş,ç,ğ,ü,ö) in the city name for example İstanbul, the search find nothing. But i have this listing. If i select nothing and perform the search, results is correct. I checked out the my realty database in phpmyadmin and i saw the collation is latin_1_swedish_ci. I've changed it and all tables have latin1_swedish_ci to utf8 first but then the turkish characters now changed to ? character. Then i've changed to latin5_turkish_ci but nothing changed. Does anybody know the solution? How can i fix the problem?

Default Re: Collation or encoding or character problem in search, please help!!!

Nobody have an idea? Pleaseee :(

Default Re: Collation or encoding or character problem in search, please help!!!

I will tell you what hapened with me sometime ago... Changing collation AFTER data recorded to the tables, didn't made any difference. I had to re-populate the tables to see the difference.
    Try it!
    Good luck,
    Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

I've changed the collations. What does it mean re-populate? How could i do?

With "re-populate", I mean: record the data to the tables again (after changing collation).
    Good luck,
    Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)