Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: web office

Anybody thinks that a groupware module that would allow to manage and share contacts, files and projects would be handy in OR? I think that would make sense in a site where you would have several agents uploading and downloading files.

This app
    http://www.group-office.com/index.ph...8b1e0d18669250

has a small fooprint and kind of illustrates what I mean...

Opinions??

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by stracken
    Anybody thinks that a groupware module that would allow to manage and share contacts, files and projects would be handy in OR? I think that would make sense in a site where you would have several agents uploading and downloading files.

This app
    http://www.group-office.com/index.ph...8b1e0d18669250

has a small fooprint and kind of illustrates what I mean...

Opinions??
    Yes. Very handy.. The real trick is getting Agents to actually use/work their website (OR or others) so thay can "realize" the value of having one. Incorporating something like this would prove very valuable in acheiving that goal.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Yes.. I think this would be a great idea....

My wife's MLS system has a Contact management system built in.

I think it's a good idea to have one built into the agent's website... but.. You'd have to have the login enabled with cookies to remember the agent's login and automatically take them to the contact management portion...

If an agent has to login every single time.. they're not going to use it... Agent's are lazy

:lol: I know, I am an agent too :lol: part-time though.

The big picture ( :roll: and falling into what the_sandking said) is that we (note, I am not considering myself a VIP in this project) have to come up with the easiest interface possible, so regular non techy users can still figure out how to use the software.
    Too mutch information in a website seems to desincourage most of the users that I had sitting at my local test box.

About the cookies....How do the *nukes make it? I can move from module to module without re-login ...

The above post was made by me, Stracken. I don't know what is going on. I can login, but my posts appear to be made by guest

I am playing with this, I would like to see something like this integrated into 2.0

another one to look at is

http://www.moregroupware.nukebrasil....ew=logout&

use demo3 to login

does any one else have any, i ran across this one

jason

phpgroupware is another groupware sweet, which i have used a bunch.

THe reason i am leaning toward group-office is it is wasy to use and easy to build a interface into o-r to handle it... I will have something for you guys to look at later this week

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant
    phpgroupware is another groupware sweet, which i have used a bunch.

THe reason i am leaning toward group-office is it is wasy to use and easy to build a interface into o-r to handle it... I will have something for you guys to look at later this week
    Holy cow Batman! phpgroupware is HUGE >10MB

Isn't this app bug-ridden and non-HTML compliant? Not to mention that I have never been able to see a working demo site... I can always load it myself, but I usually steer-away from "GPL" apps that don't have a demo provided by the authors..

The app that was posted by STRACKEN above did indeed have a demo available, and a very nice GUI.. Bug status or capabilities are unknown however..

regardless of whose app you integrate, this is a MUCH needed feature. Maybe if we put pictures of Nascars in the /admin section Agents will use this stuff more....
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Glad to know that my 2 cents might help a little...

the_sandking wrote:

Maybe if we put pictures of Nascars in the /admin section Agents will use this stuff more....
    yeah, with the pictures providing the links so users won't miss the links

I also tried many (I think all o) gpl groupwares and project management scripts available out there. With group-office I only got one error and it had to do with the fact that the server was running in safe_mode. let me see if I can find and post the error that I was getting....
    Got it..

"Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 519 is not allowed to access /home/virtual/site20/fst/home/groupoffice/ericdemuth/ owned by uid 48 in /home/virtual/site20/fst/var/www/html/office/classes/filesystem.class.inc on line 395"

The tech response:

"a suphp can fix this but this will brake compatibility with our software. Your options are to try to write files from perl scripts(that will write with your owner not with apache uid). Another one will be to set up a cron that will "fix" the owner on those files from time to time but i'm not sure if this is applicable in your implementation... "

witch didn't solve my problem because I can't really do mutch coding..