Thread: Warning: Division by zero in /home/mls/public_html/include/search.inc.php on line 107

Default Warning: Division by zero in /home/mls/public_html/include/search.inc.php on line 107

I am getting error on my site (was running perfect for ages till today/now).
    Professionally installed by Paul version 2.

Please have a look at it:
    http://www.axnmls.com/index.php

Then go to: Latest Listings (top nav bar)
    I get error:
    Warning: Division by zero in /home/mls/public_html/include/search.inc.php on line 1077

Why I am getting the error?
    Can anyone help - any suggestions, ideas is welcome.

TIA
    George

Default Re: Warning: Division by zero in /home/mls/public_html/include/search.inc.php on line

I don't know what's on line 1077, you need to say which version you are running.

However, looking at your search_step_2 page, you have a value of 0 in some of your options (price, bathrooms etc), which may be relevant.
    Also this page runs to well over 8Meg in size, as you have 1917 options for lot size (0 to 9,580,000), 5474 options for price ($0 to $27,360,000) etc.

I think if you sort these out, the division by zero may go away.

listing 2493 seems to be the culprit in the price section.
    Jim

Default Re: Warning: Division by zero in /home/mls/public_html/include/search.inc.php on line

George,

The problem is with the images from listing 2607. They were either not properly saved to the server or deleted directly on the server and not through OR. They exist in OR's DB but the actual files are not there. Through the OR admin edit the listing and delete the images so they get removed from the DB. Then upload them again.

Paul,
    You are just to much. You are incredible!

As usual YOU fixed it again.

You should work for NASA

Thank you VERY much.

Happy Holidays
    George

BTW: Do you think it's time to upgrade to 2.3.6?
    Will that sort issue work now - New>Old listing
    Last edited by AXN; 12-23-2006 at 01:56 PM. Reason: upadate

Yes I ran into this same issue last night when I copied the database without the images. That particular error was appearing on all the pages just not repeatedly like you had. In your case it is probably because the page was trying to load several listings and looped the error upon rendering each listing.

In regards to the comments by welcome2 regarding your page size. That is something to be VERY concerned about. Imagine someone on a 56K modem trying to load your 8mb search page . Might as well go have some coffee run some erronds and then see if it's done loading.

I think the most logical way to go about doing this is removing the fields that provide those 1000's of options and replacing them with something else relevant but not so heavy.

Regards,

Nick

George,

That sort issue is because of your MySql version, not because of OR. A new version of OR is not going to fix a bug in MySql.

We can look at upgrading after the holidays if you want. A bit busy right now. Send me an email after the holidays and we can look at it.