Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are unable to connect to your database.

Default Re: We are unable to connect to your database.

Another possible solution: look at your httpd.conf and see if ServerName is set.

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Ok, but how do you know that it's unofficial? I downloaded it from the site.

I would also confirm your Database Username and Password. It looks as though you are using the default admin UN/PW for Open-Realty. Is that the Username and Password you setup for your database when you created it? Just as a suggestion, if it is....you might think of making it a little more difficult for the average joe to figure out. Believe it or not there are people out there that are just scrupulous enough to want to screw around with your web based applications. If you can't figure it out today please shoot me an e-mail at US Marine NCO @ aol dot com and I will walk you step by step of install.

Carl

P.S. As for the unofficial comment I believe EB was looking at your buttons on your screen shot and didn't realize immediately that you are using a MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by godriguez View Post
    Ok, but how do you know that it's unofficial? I downloaded it from the site.
    I don't. At my post #9 I asked excuses for saying that.
    As I said at post #9 and USMarineNCO noted, your MAC buttons confused me.

So, have you successfully installed O-R?

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

I was able to call Ray on his Skype and walk him through the rest of the install. Just as a note for everyone else, most web hosts put a pre-amble in front of your database name and username. I.E. Hosting Account for www.yourdomain.com and your Hosting login Username is "yourdom" and you created a database called "realestate". Your database name is 99.9% of the time going to be "yourdom_realestate" and the username you create for your database is going to be done the same.

Carl

Ok, I've created new database with no tables. still using user=root@localhost,
    geust do have access to database.
    However still the same error occurs

Can you email me at USMarineNCO @ AOL dot COM and I will assist you in getting connected. I believe your issue is that you need to create a user for your database and give that user FULL ACCESS to the database. If you try that and still have issues than I can set it up for you.

Smile Re: We are unable to connect to your database.

Quote Originally Posted by potie View Post
    Ok, I've created new database with no tables. still using user=root@localhost,
    geust do have access to database.
    However still the same error occurs
    Took advice from USmarineNCO and "walla" installed xammp no errors. Thanks

I'm glad you were finally able to get things working. I would recommend to anyone trying to learn the in's and out's of OR to use XAMPP to run it locally so updates are easy and quick.

Carl