Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does email not work?

Default Why does email not work?

I recently installed OR and it seems the program does not send emails. Contact agent does not send email, nor do I (admin) recieve emails of newly registered users, property updates.

I double checked all the settings and everything seems to be filled in correctly. Everyone email is correct and entered.

The email form opens fine, but when you click submit the page goes blank and nothing.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Why does email not work?

Check your server error logs and see if there are any errors. Make sure your host has send mail enabled on your server. Try making a test email file. Copy this into a file, name it whatever you want (like emailtest.php) and upload it to the server. Access the file with your browser and see if the email is sent.

<?PHP
    $test=mail('me@mydomain.com', 'My Subject', 'Message');
    echo $test;
    ?>

Just change the email address.

OK, just did so and it worked.

I even installed a second copy of OR and it will send emails fine. Perhaps a setting in was changed. Where can I find the emial code and what should it look like once I find it?

Same problem here...
    emailtest.php works fine but messages are not sent by the software to the agents.

Sendmail is enable (see above...).

Any suggestions to solve this problem???

I think I have same problem also. Though, I can send a property to link to someone... new properties when updated and enabled are sent to me (admin) - but when a new property is added to a users saved search price range - emails don't get sent. All settings/switches are set correctly in control panel area too.

Anyone else had this particular problem?

I'll double check this yet again to definately confirm I'm still getting this problem.

Do you have moderate listings set to yes? If the listings are being moderated, they are not active when they are added so they will not be sent to saved searches.

Anybody manage an answer to this issue?

I had the same problem going on - then I set my admin email to an address outside of my OR domain - ex: gmail - I then received emails from OR perfectly.

I think sending/receiving email within a domain is a security setting/feature on Apache of some sort but I'm not 101% sure.

Anyway, give it try.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnstone77 View Post
    I had the same problem going on - then I set my admin email to an address outside of my OR domain - ex: gmail - I then received emails from OR perfectly.

I think sending/receiving email within a domain is a security setting/feature on Apache of some sort but I'm not 101% sure.

Anyway, give it try.
    Ive tryed that and it still doesnt work, i did the email test and that worked fine but still the contact agent or email listing doesnt work. Has anyone got a fix for this promblem?

Quote Originally Posted by gene0 View Post
    Ive tryed that and it still doesnt work, i did the email test and that worked fine but still the contact agent or email listing doesnt work. Has anyone got a fix for this promblem?
    I also have the problem and have done exactly what you guys have described here. I posted a message describing me trying a previously mentioned fix for just such a problem. It still doesn't work.
    http://support.open-realty.org/showt...1543#post91543