Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virtual tour with quicktime support, etc,

I need to know if anyone can send me the code of how to add quicktime virtual tours via image upload etc. Is there a way to add that to the images upload or do I have to have a link for it.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, anyone have any good themes out there??

If so, where can I download.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul
    I need to know if anyone can send me the code of how to add quicktime virtual tours via image upload etc. Is there a way to add that to the images upload or do I have to have a link for it.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, anyone have any good themes out there??

If so, where can I download.

good themes here...
    http://www.open-realty.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10

You don't have to upload the vtour, what you want to do is create a field in the listings form for virutal tours, make sure it is a url field.

Then enter the url for the virtual tour.

You still have to ftp the virtual tour to the server, but if you're the virtual tour provider it's best to keep it on your server in your domain, that way if the owner changes agents then you can contact that agent and sell the tour to them and you don't have to reload it. You will have to change the agent info if you have that added to the tour.

I'm about to add my iPIX Virutal tours to my site at www.ipixguru.com (still in deveolpment) in this manor. I've also used this method at www.arrowheadmountainhomes.com

Now if you still want to upload the tour to the site, you will need to go into /include/common.php. Keep in mind I haven't tried this, but it seems logical. However it also seems logical that the program will attemtp to create a thumnail of the movie, which will proably cause errors. But errors are simply stimulants for discussion and eventually solutions, so get out there and make some GD Errors.

Find these lines at line number 106 and 107

$config['allowed_upload_types'] = array('image/pjpeg','image/jpeg','image/gif', 'image/x-png');
    // allowed file types
    $config['allowed_upload_extensions'] = array('jpg','gif','png'); //possible allowed file extensions

Add 'image/mov' in the arrya types, and also add 'mov',to the extensions array.

Thanks for the help..

If only open-realty supported downloading MLS information.

Thanks for the help..

If only open-realty supported downloading MLS information.

hi Lostsoul

what is this MLS?
    I have seen it on v 1.1.4 but what is it to do.

It's the Multiple Listing Service that realtors use to list properties for sale on. Every local Association of Realtors has a MLS for their area. The problem with importing MLS Data is that while it was mandated by the Association of Realtors that all MLS's provide their data to their members in an "IDX" (Internet Data Exchange) format. However they didn't list specifications for this IDX and thus, just about every local MLS provides this data in varying formats and ways to access it. Some provide an XML Stream, some provide direct read only access to the mySQL database, some provide a flat file for download. Since nobody is using a standard format it is difficult, if not impossible to build it into Open-Realty to import all the varying formats.

I do know that at least one person has their Open-Realty importing data from their local MLS so it is certainly possible but it's something that would have to be custom for each local MLS.

`MicK`

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    It's the Multiple Listing Service that realtors use to list properties for sale on. Every local Association of Realtors has a MLS for their area. The problem with importing MLS Data is that while it was mandated by the Association of Realtors that all MLS's provide their data to their members in an "IDX" (Internet Data Exchange) format. However they didn't list specifications for this IDX and thus, just about every local MLS provides this data in varying formats and ways to access it. Some provide an XML Stream, some provide direct read only access to the mySQL database, some provide a flat file for download. Since nobody is using a standard format it is difficult, if not impossible to build it into Open-Realty to import all the varying formats.

I do know that at least one person has their Open-Realty importing data from their local MLS so it is certainly possible but it's something that would have to be custom for each local MLS.

`MicK`

Can I have an AMEN! down in the front!

I recently developed an IDX import app for an Agent (for OR) that gets it's data via daily FTP flat-file downloads. The data has to be extracted, parsed, and then imported into OR where it is parsed yet again. The image integration from the IDX was probably the most interesting puzzle I had to tackle. (not even the images are standardized in some instances)

Of the ones I've done for Agents so far, all have been FTP/file updates. I have yet to run into a MySQL or XML-feed. Either would be awesome! Because then, a universal import module "UIM" would be more possible.

It would be nice if there were a standard, but I seriously doubt there will be for a long time, as most (US) agents are slow-adopters of tech, and I am finding out that most of the DB administrators of the local MLS's are turning-out to be Agents themselves.

(I'm getting a chill, since I just saw the MATRIX RELOADED, and am beginning to see similarities here.)
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

All...

I tried to add a new Virtual tour url in the listing template, The field went up ok as in adding new listing, showing on template. But once you try to add the new listings. You input data, hit update, the go back to edit that listing. All data in the new field is GONE..

Has anyone got a solution as to why this is happening. Im using 1.14, newest version.

Never added a new field before, but would like to get this to work.

Thanks

~LS

I was a noob, I forgot to add the right url address in the common.php for my phpmyadmin.. After i fixed that, deleted the field, re-entered them.. all was well.

doh..

:shock: :lol:

I was a noob, I forgot to add the right url address in the common.php for my phpmyadmin.. After i fixed that, deleted the field, re-entered them.. all was well.

doh..

:shock: :lol:
    I guess I'm even noob-er than you. I have the same problem. I added the field for virtual tours (as a URL), but no data entered in it is saved. Just exactly how did you fix this? What exactly does the path to PHPMyAdmin (which I appear to have set correctly before) have to do with this problem? Everything else works OK. Thank you.