Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

Default U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

This thread has been locked at the request of the OP

Hello all,

Gregor Hartmaier (CanariasData) and Eduardo Marques (ebmarques) are announcing the release of the U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®
    EDITED at Feb,16/2007: O-R version 2.3.6
    EDITED at Sep,20/2007: O-R version 2.4.3 - rev.1911
    EDITED at Feb,11/2008: O-R version 2.4.4 (to upgrade, you can also follow the instructions here)
    EDITED at Jun,17/2008: O-R version 2.5.2
    EDITED at Sep,30/2008: O-R version 2.5.3
    EDITED at Nov,17/2008: O-R version 2.5.5
    EDITED at Jan,27/2009: O-R version 2.5.6
    EDITED at Jul,21/2009: O-R version 2.5.7
    EDITED at Oct,19/2009: O-R version 2.5.8

You can see a working demo here (Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Lithuanian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Russian, Spanish (Spain), Turkish, Hungarian, Croatian, Swedish and Finnish):
    http://www.or-templates.com/demo/

You can download the complete install package for free here (UMP/O-R v.2.5.8):
    http://www.or-templates.com/download/ump_or258.zip
    Alternative link for download: http://code.google.com/p/ump-or/downloads/list

For the people that wish to help us with translations and to add new languages, join the translation team at:
    http://code.google.com/p/langfiles4or/

ABOUT SVN:
    -----------
    If you wish to know wich is the latest UMP SVN revision, go to: http://code.google.com/p/ump-or/sour...og_history.txt - You will see our log file.
    If you wish to create a local UMP SVN repository, you can "checkout" anonymously, using the same URL (using TORTOISE for example). The same as O-R (http://wiki.open-realty.org/index.php/SVN_HowTo).
    Just to let you know: UMP SVN was hosted by TIGRIS.ORG and were recently transfered to CODE.GOOGLE.COM (the last revision at TIGRIS.ORG was rev.144 and when transfered to CODE.GOOGLE.COM we started over with rev.1)
    Just to remember: SVN package is not supposed to be used at a production site!

ABOUT UMP and O-R:
    --------------------
    Ryan Bonham, Open-Realty® Devs and Forum Moderators are aware about this project and the most important is there will be NO support for this Patch at the O-R Forum (once there are core files modified). This project is NOT a fork of O-R. It will be discontinued with the release of O-R Multilingual (maybe version 3) but will be updated the same as the official versions till O-R version 3.

The core files modifications are 100% the Template Changer Method (not the add-on), posted by pbflash - so he deserves all credits for the success on making this Patch. We thank you Paul, for the best tip ever!

Additionally, Gregor and Eduardo are offering a Multilingual Add-on that will work only with this Patch (an update of this add-on is almost finished and will be integrated soon: the lang variables and all translations are going to be stored at the DB so will be possible to add/edit/delete them at the Admin Area). This first release is a work in progress. There are some fixes needed and the languages are not totally translated.
    IT IS NOT 100% Multilingual: at the search page the field elements are NOT being translated - we will need to add the search forms to the add-on. The main goal is to remove all core files modifications, having ONLY an add-on acting - so this Patch dies and just the add-on remains.

IMPORTANT: Use the "Add-on Manager" to keep your Multilingual add-on updated. The most recent add-on is version 2.1.1

PLEASE DO NOT USE IT AT A PRODUCTION SITE ON FIRST TRY! Test it first and backup your site before installing!

Gregor and Eduardo also launched http://www.or-templates.com where you will be able to:
    - contact us to ask questions about this Patch
    - download templates and add-ons for the Official O-R
    - hire us as Designers
    (as usual, each commercial transaction will have a correspondent donation to help O-R development)

Have fun!
    Gregor Hartmaier and Eduardo Marques
    Last edited by the_sandking; 06-17-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Use the Add-on Manager! - Updated to O-R v.2.5.8

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Default Re: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

[OT]Sorry for my poor english, i am italian... [/OT]

Very great work!

The important question is:

1) for personalize the templates (img and menu style ->eg. modify to horizontal menu), i need personalize each template for each language? how do it is?
    2) If open realty official staff done the new bug fixes in future versions, is possible the easy upgrade (eg: upgrade open realty 2.3.6 to 2.3.7) in this multilingual version?

I offer myself for italian translation. What is the file/s to modify for execute the translation ?

Thanks

Ciao, peppos

Welcome to O-R!

First issue to have in mind is: this is a Patch for O-R, so with no official support and guaranties.
    Of course... we wish to have the best possible till the release of O-R Multilingual (maybe v3).
    As we don't have a "new version" of this Patch, we didn't made a test to say "Yes it will be easy to upgrade" - but we hope so and this is our goal. Or... this will happen only after releasing one or two versions. Till there, we will be recommending to make new installations. We will find out about it very soon because "Neon" already found a Bug at our add-on and we will be releasing a new version with this bug fixed.

The templates, images, CSS, etc... to personalize them, is the same as the official O-R. All files at the template folders can be personalized (also all files at the admin template folders).

Your offer to help translating to Italian is very welcome! You may look at "../include/language/en/lang.inc.php" file. This is the main English file (for the official O-R) - after translating it you can post the file here at the forum (http://support.open-realty.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47) - keep the file name "lang.inc.php", it will be placed at "../include/language/it/" directory ) - please, also inform wich O-R version is your file for.

You can also help to add Italian to our Patch. To do so, I recommend to copy all files at:
    - "../template/en/" directory and create "../template/it/"
    - "../admin/template/en/" and create "../admin/template/it/"
    - "../addons/multilingual/language/en/" and create "../addons/multilingual/language/it/"
    Those are the English files to translate! To send the translated files, you can use my email address: ebmarques at gmail dot com (please, also use this email if you have more questions about our Patch).

Grazie. Stammi bene e a presto.

Eduardo and Gregor.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Great work, you guys. I hope that wouldn't be any more bugs.

I'm already working on 2 sites with multilanguage version.

About Italian translation - there are already some translations of older versions:
    http://support.open-realty.org/showt...alian+language

So it can be used to translate all words faster in OR UMP.
    I will also use Italian lang version on one of my sites soon, but I know only few Italian words.

Hey Eduardo... very very very good work

COMPLIMENTS

Let's put also italian

can i help with the project?

digitalfx,

Don't forget Gregor (CanariasData) - we thank you!
    YES! You can help! Please write to ebmarques at gmail dot com.
    We are waiting O-R v.2.4 be released and we will release our PATCH with the same updates and bug fixes - also... with Italian!
    Italian is already included at our working files but it remains some text to be translated.

Eduardo & Gregor

Open-Realty® DOCs

Ops... sorry mate...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GREGOR

You're very welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by ebmarques View Post
    digitalfx,

Don't forget Gregor (CanariasData) - we thank you!
    YES! You can help! Please write to ebmarques at gmail dot dom.
    We are waiting O-R v.2.4 be released and we will release our PATCH with the same updates and bug fixes - also... with Italian!
    Italian is already included at our working files but it remains some text to be translated.

Eduardo & Gregor
    email sent ebmarques

We'll speak soon

...so... any news about a multi-lang page editor? I think can be fixed just adjusting template, what do you think?

I received your email and I will answer soon - with the Italian files that need some fixes.

Multi-lang page editor??? .... There is no news about it! And as far I know there will be no one!
    This is not an O-R issue. The Editors are independent softwares. You should find out something about them at their websites or forums. As I personally use NONE of them... (just because I can't find a single one that I like) - I can't say more about it.

Thanks,
    Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs