Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

Question Re: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

Sorry to bother you again, Eduardo..
    It seems that in UMP I cannot use the Admin page editor to edit pages as in O-R. I can type code, but it gets kind of tedious. I rather like WYSYWYG and then streamline it at the code level.

The question is, how can I do this for pages 1 through 4? How about for the action= pages on the other menu links? Like, where are they?

I tried changing page 1 and it erased everything else. Header, menu, etc. I set up the header and menu via code, and now I have an empty {content}. If I try to copy/ paste with images from an old page I had, it looses all formatting and it takes up the whole page.

As I formulate the question, it gives me glimpses of an answer. Yours are better, though. THANKS!

Default Re: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

Helloo..
    It is great patch for OR.
    But i don't know how to adding new language translation and delete the language that i didn't need.
    Can anyone tell me how to do this?
    I am totally new in OR.

Thanks for replay

Never mind.
    I have find the way.
    I have search in all this morning, but i find the way right after i post the treads.
    anyway, thanks for all

Hello and Happy Holidays,

My question is, is it possible to link directly to specific content in a specific language without having to use the flags or dropdown language selector?...for example to link to:

View All Listings - Spanish
    View All Listings - German
    View All Listings - Russian
    View All Listings - English

Browse Listings by Class - Spanish
    Browse Listings by Class - German
    and so on....

As it is right now, you have to click on a language flag or language from drop down, for example to render the site in Spanish the link looks like this:

somedomainname/listings/index.php?lng=es

And then whatever link you click from that point forward, content is automatically is rendered in spanish. The links have no mention of the language being used and look like this:

somedomainname/listings/index.php?action=searchresults

But what I am looking for is the ability to link directly to a specific page for a specific language. For example: (and I know this link isn't correct, I'm just using it as an example)

somedomainname/listings/index.php?action=searchresults?lng=es and this would show all listings in spanish

or somedomainname/listings/index.php?action=searchresults&pclass[]=1?lng=es and this would show all listings in spanish for that class

Is this possible at all?

Thank you for any assistance.

Hi all:
    happy new year!
    I come form China,and i have 2 questions:
    1.UMP2.5.8, front-end interface is multilingual, but use the Search Listings, just shows only English of the "Community Features",I get through admin "Listing Template Editor" and modify community_features "Field Elements" to the appropriate language,such as "Association Fee", Should be replaced by a new language "会费", ,but the front indicate that this modify of all language, Whether you switch to which the national language, displayed "会费", only using the same Field Elements shows for all languages , how to set a different Field Elements for new language?

2.I would like to add a new language for Full Description (English) ,such as Full Description (Chinese) or Full Description (japanese), so admin "Listing Template Editor" and Click "Add Field", added a new Field Name: full_desc_cn, Field Caption: 中文描述, but modify the "Example Listing" without a Full Description (Chinese) field.

Maybe I'm not understand with UMP,somebody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by josebueno777 View Post
    It seems that in UMP I cannot use the Admin page editor to edit pages as in O-R
    Of course you can.
    At UMP we choosed NOT to use it once there is no way to translate those pages - so we have those pages hardcoded at "page#_main" HTML template files.
    Quote Originally Posted by josebueno777 View Post
    The question is, how can I do this for pages 1 through 4?
    As O-R by default. You will not need files "page#_main.html" so delete them and keep only "main.html". Of course, you will also need to have the correspondent menu links for those pages.
    You will end with pages not translated - that's the only difference.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by ceplo View Post
    i don't know how to adding new language translation
    Please read this post:
    http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?t=22328

Quote Originally Posted by ceplo View Post
    and delete the language that i didn't need.
    Just delete the language folders and fields you don't wish.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by bammhost View Post
    My question is, is it possible to link directly to specific content in a specific language without having to use the flags or dropdown language selector?
    No.
    No, the way UMP is. To have it, you will need to write your own O-R Multilingual Add-on.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

Quote Originally Posted by cafedog View Post
    but use the Search Listings, just shows only English of the "Community Features"
    Search at the UMP thread... this has been discussed many times.
    By default UMP is not translating 100% of the search page.
    You will need to modify the search template, use template tags for each field/elements and have language variables set.

Quote Originally Posted by cafedog View Post
    I would like to add a new language for Full Description (English) ,such as Full Description (Chinese) or Full Description (japanese)
    Please read this post:
    http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?t=22328
    If you are creating a new field like "full_desc_cn" have you included the correspondent template tag at you template files? For example, at your Listing Detail template file you will need to have "{listing_field_full_desc_cn}"

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

Question Re: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

Hola Eduardo. Happy New Year. I am about finished with two languages (english and spanish) at http://www.hopebienesraices.com and I am working on having it translated to Portuguese, German, French and Italian. The rest of the languages I will delete. Thank you for your timely advice. I would really appreciate your input on those two.

I do have a question: How do I make the files I upload (pdf mainly) to the listing, available to the users? I would like to have them email it to a third party, or download and print for their own use.
    Another thing is that I cannot get the Features for Property or Community to come out right on the results page. Where do I tweak that?