Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

Default Re: U.M.P. - Unofficial Multilingual Patch for Open-Realty®

Hi ebmarques, do you have a log file with info about core file changes that are made in UMP, compared to original OR. I have my own multilingual version of OR, that use old pbflash template changer hack (I think that UMP works the same way, but with few extra stuff). Id like to switch to UMP, but need to see how similar is my current installation with UMP. You can PM, or email me log if you have. Thank you. If you need I can send you my log, to compare. Tnx

Quote Originally Posted by bit View Post
    Hi ebmarques, do you have a log file with info about core file changes that are made in UMP, compared to original OR. I have my own multilingual version of OR, that use old pbflash template changer hack (I think that UMP works the same way, but with few extra stuff). Id like to switch to UMP, but need to see how similar is my current installation with UMP. You can PM, or email me log if you have. Thank you. If you need I can send you my log, to compare. Tnx
    Hi Kenan,

No, I don't have anymore a log file with the modifications - I have them on my mind (I deleted the file at Jun/2008). You can easily find the differences using a differencing tool like WINMERGE (http://winmerge.org/) - each file is very well commented with the changes. You can also see the old and last "do_yourself.txt" file at:
    http://ump-or.googlecode.com/svn-his...o_yourself.txt
    Of course, the modifications were made assuming the Multilingual add-on is installed and with site templates (frontend and backend) properly named (2 letters for each language).

[]s
    Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

tnx. Ill check.

Hello,

Could anyone please help me out here? The UMP contact agent form isn't working for some reason.
    I first thought it might be a problem with sendmail, but that works.
    To test my settings I sent a test email to myself with this short script

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $mail 
    mail('myemail@server.com''TestMail''This is a test!');
    ?>
    That worked, but if I use the same email address with UMP no mail get send to the agent. :/
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot standing on humans face forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjin View Post
    ...The UMP contact agent form isn't working for some reason. I first thought it might be a problem with sendmail, but that works. To test my settings I sent a test email to myself with this short script... That worked, but if I use the same email address with UMP no mail get send to the agent. :/
    I can't reproduce what you say. It works just fine to me. As far as I can say, it is not an O-R issue but a server issue - IMO you should be asking to your Hosting Support.
    You say "...isn't working..." - do you mean it was working before?
    Have you tried to use different email addresses?
    UMP/Open-Realty check for valid MX records, have you asked your Hosting Company about it?
    There is nothing else we can do or say...

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Eduardo, I know you've problems with your tendinitis so I'll post an easy question where you just have to answer y (yes) or n (no)

Have you alreday tested U.M.P. with O.R. 3.0. and if you have, does it work?

Thanks and get well soon!

Andrea

Hi guys,

Here goes my last post at this thread:

1# People, UMP is dead - the last UMP version is v.2.5.8 and there will be no other one.
    2# I have stoped supporting UMP and I will no longer answer questions about UMP.
    3# PLEASE FORUM MODERATOR, close this thread - this is my last post at this thread.
    4# Ryan has agreed to include at O-R core files (v.3.x) the required changes to allow a multilingual add-on - this WAS DONE. Thank you very much, Ryan Bonham!!!
    5# I have already started the job, writing a NEW multilingual add-on - it will take some time, just because actually I can't type for more than 10 minutes (because of a tendinitis at my left arm, I feel a huge pain).
    6# The NEW multilingual add-on will be FREE with NO encrypted code and will work ONLY with O-R v.3.x (the new add-on will NOT work on previous O-R versions!)
    7# There will be NO "update" option from UMP to O-R v.3.x
    8# ...I will be writing more at a new thread, at the proper moment: Multilingual add-on version 3.0.0

So please, be patient. Ryan, O-R Devs and myself... we are doing our best to have a NEW and FREE Multilingual add-on very soon. Most probably it will be released as a BETA version, once some tests are required but I wish to have it as a stable version. It will be ready when finished (I bet you have heard it before).

The "party" is over? YES, it is over: UMP is dead.
    So lets start another party to keep having fun!
    (while we wait for O-R v.4 fully multilingual)

Eduardo

Thread closed at the request of the OP
    Last edited by the_sandking; 06-17-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: removed not neccessary text

Open-Realty® DOCs