Thread: Listing general development details and each lot on same development

Default Listing general development details and each lot on same development

Hello this is probably pretty obvious, but.....
    I have been asked to set up a site where agents can input new developments and each of the lots offered on that development.
    They want to have a first listing page for the whole developmentt with a search or list of all the lots on it.
    I thought of doing this using classes - a new class for each development, but how can I give them an input page to feed in description, details of whole develoment and then have that general class shown.

I could do it by varying class search templates, but this would not be agent friendly, they would have to ask me to add each new development.

Any ideas?
    Best,
    Rob

Default Re: Listing general development details and each lot on same development

The easiest way to do it would be to make each development an agent. Use the agent fields as fields about the development. Then the view agent page would list all lots added under that agent (development). You could also add an agent selection to the search page to limit searches to 1 agent.

Default Re: Listing general development details and each lot on same development

Thank you, you are always so much on the ball. I found your old thread on this and started going down the two classes line - just about to adapt a class template page to include listings from other class with a common development ref.
    IE two classes one developments two properties.

But the agent solution seems much simpler. Have to work out how to run the contact form now

Best regards,
    Rob