Thread: multilanguage version?

I think that a multilanguage version would be great.. someone planning on implementing?

That would be the definitive feature to make this script the best one.

Hi,

This script has support for multilanguage. See the include/common.php file and the include/language directory. I know there are some thing that still need to be lang'ed better, if you want to help out with this that would be great.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //LANGUAGE FILE PATH -- USED FOR MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT
    include("$config[basepath]/include/language/english.php");

hi,

it's possible to make "mutilinguage" in the same time ?
    Leave the choice of some language.

(one visitor in english, another in french, for example)

Thank you

Alain.

Hi,

Not at the present. This is actually something i was looking at some tonight, for a future release.. I will post some more here as soon as i have some sort of plan figured out.

Hi,

Ok now that i have gotten a few hours of sleep, things are making some sense. We can come up with a way to allow people to switch template languages on the fly, the problem is the actual listing information is only being entered in one language, so you would really need multiple databases, and then make the script pull from a different database depending on which language you were using. If anyone has any suggestions on how to implement multilingual support so it works best let me know, i would appreciate some ideas on this. :?:

Not necessarily would need to be different databases. There could be language indetifiers on the fields of the database.

example: description_eng description_ger description_spa

an identifier for each field would do the trick to only display the proper language translation so when searching/browsing database would be the same database pulling common hidden fields and just the current selected language fields for display. The same for input forms. There could be the possibility to add a listing in different languages at the same time ( as display fields are different for each language).

An example is this website http://www.inmoeasy.com/en/index.php...n&seccion= , who took John's Openrealty script as base and rewrote it for selling adding a lot of features. They only provide it as a hosted solution and don't want to share the code.

A look it's worth to maybe grab ideas for new features/layouts. Those guys are getting success just ONLY for the on the fly multilanguage option.

The best way to make a php app multilingual is to use gettext. Gettext is included with php and simply needs to be compiled in. gettext is a method for making apps multilingual and takes 0 overhead and makes the code much easier to edit.

check it out.
    http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.gettext.php

you can take example of the project oscommerce.com that is multilingual.

I'm going to try to do it.

But what version can I adapt 1.07 ou beta 9 ???

a french user

If you are going to attempt anything i would sugest useing one of the current Beta versions. The main reason for this is that the code changes are rather large since 1.07 making the overall project almost rebuilt.