Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Use 1 Database for several sites with IDXManager

Default Use 1 Database for several sites with IDXManager

I need help setting up several sites to access one IDXManager database. I previously used 1.x and had no problems with using 1 database, but can not seem to get this to work with 2.4 and the IDXManager.

Any help would be wonderful, I have several agents wanting this done asap.

Default Re: Use 1 Database for several sites with IDXManager

This is not easy to do for many reasons and requires core file changes which are not supported or recommended. Try searching the forums as there have already been a few threads discussing this that may help you.

I have searched and searched and then searched some more, I can not find a clear method to accomplish this task.

I would be willing to pay for clear step by step configuration changes, can anyone help?

The easiest answer is that it's not fully possible.
    I remember somebody doing that but having so many problems to be forced to quit.

I only hope that the newest version will allow all this as it's something some of us really need.

The quick solution is to make two installs. On your secondary install you need to modify the common.php file manuall after install and make the following changes.

Change your teh following setting to match that of your primary isntall
    $db_user
    $db_password
    $db_database
    $db_server

Removed the following two lines
    Code:
    $config["basepath"] = $misc->make_db_unsafe($recordSet->fields["controlpanel_basepath"]);
    $config["baseurl"] = $misc->make_db_unsafe($recordSet->fields["controlpanel_baseurl"]);
    Replace them with
    Code:
    $config["primarybasepath"] = $misc->make_db_unsafe($recordSet->fields["controlpanel_basepath"]);
    $config["primarybaseurl"] = $misc->make_db_unsafe($recordSet->fields["controlpanel_baseurl"]);
    $config["basepath"] = '/path/to/secondary/site';
    $config["baseurl"] = 'http://www.secondarysite.com/openrealtypath/';
    Find and replace this section of code
    Code:
                    $config["listings_upload_path"] = $config["basepath"]."/images/listing_photos";
                    $config["listings_view_images_path"] = $config["baseurl"]."/images/listing_photos";
                    $config["user_upload_path"] = $config["basepath"]."/images/user_photos";
                    $config["user_view_images_path"] = $config["baseurl"]."/images/user_photos";
                    $config["vtour_upload_path"] = $config["basepath"]."/images/vtour_photos";
                    $config["vtour_view_images_path"] = $config["baseurl"]."/images/vtour_photos";
    With this
    Code:
                    $config["listings_upload_path"] = $config["primarybasepath"]."/images/listing_photos";
                    $config["listings_view_images_path"] = $config["primarybaseurl"]."/images/listing_photos";
                    $config["user_upload_path"] = $config["primarybasepath"]."/images/user_photos";
                    $config["user_view_images_path"] = $config["primarybaseurl"]."/images/user_photos";
                    $config["vtour_upload_path"] = $config["primarybasepath"]."/images/vtour_photos";
                    $config["vtour_view_images_path"] = $config["primarybaseurl"]."/images/vtour_photos";
    This will allow you to use custom templates on your secondary site will reading all information from the primary sites database and pulling images from this site.

Ryan
    should it work only for two installs or there's no limit to the numbers of installations set?

Andrea

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

The limiting factor is that all the sites need to reside on the same physical server.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Red face Re: Use 1 Database for several sites with IDXManager

I've been struggling for days trying to get this working and now I'm so close! I've followed Ryans instructions but I'm still one problem?

The secondary site does not display the listing photos of the primary site so all listings are displaying 'no image available' and in parts of the site where the images need to be resized, I am getting half a page of errors...

The relevant code from my common.php on my secondary site is below; (I have edited out the login info obviously) Did I maybe need to modify the common.php for my primary site also?

Any help much appreciated The actual urls of the two sites are;

Primary site: http://www.propertynow.com.au
    Secondary site: http://www.private-sell.com

UPDATE******I can get images to display in the slideshow listing detail view on the secondary site. The slideshow plays fine. The page does display a whole host of errors though;

Code:
    Warning: getimagesize(/home/propnow/public_html/images/listing_photos/43_2006115116_1_fs.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 707

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 710

Warning: getimagesize(/home/propnow/public_html/images/listing_photos/43_2006115116_2_fs.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 707

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 710

Warning: getimagesize(/home/propnow/public_html/images/listing_photos/43_lounge(small).jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 707

Warning: getimagesize(/home/propnow/public_html/images/listing_photos/43_2006115116_3_fs.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 707

Warning: getimagesize(/home/propnow/public_html/images/listing_photos/43_2006115116_4_fs.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 707

Warning: getimagesize(/home/propnow/public_html/images/listing_photos/43_2006115116_5_fs.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 707

Warning: getimagesize(/home/propnow/public_html/images/listing_photos/43_bedroom(small).jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ps191919/public_html/include/images.inc.php on line 707

PHP Code:
    $db_user "PRIMARYSITEDBUSER";
    $db_password "PRIMARYSITEDBPASSWORD";
    $db_database "PRIMARYSITEDBNAME";
    $db_server "localhost";
    $config["table_prefix_no_lang"] = "default_";

// this is the setup for the ADODB library

include_once("/home/SECONDARYSITEUSERNAME/public_html/include/class/adodb/adodb.inc.php");
                    include_once(
    "/home/SECONDARYSITEUSERNAME/public_html/include/misc.inc.php"); 

PHP Code:
    // Loop throught Control Panel and save to Array

$config["version"] = $misc->make_db_unsafe($recordSet->fields["controlpanel_version"]);

$config["primarybasepath"] = $misc->make_db_unsafe($recordSet->fields["controlpanel_basepath"]);
    $config["primarybaseurl"] = $misc->make_db_unsafe($recordSet->fields["controlpanel_baseurl"]);
    $config["basepath"] = '/home/SECONDARYSITEUSERNAME/public_html';
    $config["baseurl"] = 'http://www.SECONDARYSITEURL'
    PHP Code:
    $config["listings_upload_path"] = $config["primarybasepath"]."/images/listing_photos";

$config["listings_view_images_path"] = $config["primarybaseurl"]."/images/listing_photos";

$config["user_upload_path"] = $config["primarybasepath"]."/images/user_photos";

$config["user_view_images_path"] = $config["primarybaseurl"]."/images/user_photos";

$config["vtour_upload_path"] = $config["primarybasepath"]."/images/vtour_photos";

$config["vtour_view_images_path"] = $config["primarybaseurl"]."/images/vtour_photos"
    Last edited by andrew19; 05-26-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: More information found on the problem

The issue is more likely due to the fact that you are trying to modify files in another accounts directories and is not allowed.

I modified 3 core files to allow sharing of the single DB. Each agent could then have their own template, featured listings and editable pages in the database.

Oh yes the common.php in modified for each child site also but there are a few files you install on the agent site.

Since it is modified core code it will not be supported and you would be responsible for any updates as an upgrade would also upgrade the changes made.

Red face Re: Use 1 Database for several sites with IDXManager

I modified 3 core files to allow sharing of the single DB. Each agent could then have their own template, featured listings and editable pages in the database.
    This is exactly what I want to do..

Oh yes the common.php in modified for each child site also but there are a few files you install on the agent site.
    Could you outline what files these are or maybe how to go about it? (If this is not allowed in the forum then you could PM me..)

Since it is modified core code it will not be supported and you would be responsible for any updates as an upgrade would also upgrade the changes made.
    I am okay with having an unsupported version as this is for a couple of my own sites and I can work out problems with the upgrades.

Any help you can provide with this would be really appreciated