Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TinyMCE in listing editor

Default TinyMCE in listing editor

Is there any way of making TinyMCE the default text editor, also when you make NEW listings? .. i find it hard to use the buildt-in editor as i like the choices and alternatives one have with TinyMCE.
    Sort of a WYSIWYG editor....
    right now im stuck with the basic editor and it relly doesent do the trick for me... im planning .. that is HOPING i can find a way through this forum, to use the TinyMCE editor in this, so i can lso implement the LIGHTHOUSE plugin which i use at my blog, and are exceptionally satistfied with...

pls.... can anyone help me here???

-vidar-

Default Re: TinyMCE in listing editor

This would require core file changes which are not recommended or supported. Core file changes cannot be posted to the forum.

You could create an addon to replace the add listing function.

Also, WYSIWYG editors only handle editing textareas. There is no way to add or edit all listing data within a textarea and still retain individual data fields that can be searched. The only search option you would have would be a text match search.

You do have a lot of control over how the listing is displayed. You can set up the listing view template to display info just about any way you want.

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    This would require core file changes which are not recommended or supported. Core file changes cannot be posted to the forum.

You could create an addon to replace the add listing function.

Also, WYSIWYG editors only handle editing textareas. There is no way to add or edit all listing data within a textarea and still retain individual data fields that can be searched. The only search option you would have would be a text match search.

You do have a lot of control over how the listing is displayed. You can set up the listing view template to display info just about any way you want.
    .. yeah.. it was the text area i was thinking of.. no way i wanna mess with the other data stuff.. im not by far any programmer....so in reality we are talking about having a seasoned php programmer do the work of implementing for exmple tinyMCE into the description part of the "new listing" option? .. rrrgggg...

anyone wanna try themselves on this? .. PM me ... i CANT do it...

Try searching the forum as it has been posted before. Keep in mind that modifiying core files will leave you with an unsupported version and the changes would have to be redone if you upgrade in the future.

pretty sure somebody already posted the core file changes on the forum to do this. Keep in mind though that the reason we don't allow core file modifications to be posted is that they may not work with newer versions of the software and tracking which versions the mods were for is nearly impossible but if you're just testing things out and not on a live site you can give it a try. You'll have to search the forums for the existing thread on this first.

Mick
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    pretty sure somebody already posted the core file changes on the forum to do this. Keep in mind though that the reason we don't allow core file modifications to be posted is that they may not work with newer versions of the software and tracking which versions the mods were for is nearly impossible but if you're just testing things out and not on a live site you can give it a try. You'll have to search the forums for the existing thread on this first.

Mick
    .. hmf.. as im a ZERO to the programming stufff,.... ill simply refrain from it :P
    ... it COULD be an idea for next release thou.. in the admin site config, allowing an ecternal editor to do the work in the listing description... NOTHING else... or run with thee OR built in one... ??? something to think of...

. however... if you guys could help me... with a simple html problem? ..
    ... ( know its not its place here) ... you know the html code to fill a page with text from an external, excisting page ?

as in MODELPAGE , get text from http:// www. xxx .com/textpage.html ??

vidar

hi there
    it's a pitty that I could no't find any solution for this issue even after 1.5 years.

I am agree that the core file modifications should not be types here, but for the peoples that are very familiar with OR and can simply make an addon to implement one of editors to be work in text area's of listing editor, it would be really appreciated as it is although not a functional deficiency in OR but a esthetic deficiency in this competitive world!

many thanks
    Azerty

Quote Originally Posted by azerty View Post
    hi there
    it's a pitty that I could no't find any solution for this issue even after 1.5 years.

I am agree that the core file modifications should not be types here, but for the peoples that are very familiar with OR and can simply make an addon to implement one of editors to be work in text area's of listing editor, it would be really appreciated as it is although not a functional deficiency in OR but a esthetic deficiency in this competitive world!

many thanks
    Azerty
    Hmm, if I understood your request right, you want to simply add TinyMCE to all the textareas in the listing editor, right?
    You don't need to modify any core files at all to do so, just add this to your main.html (admin/template).
    Only downside, if you use another WYSIWYG editor then tinymce, to edit your pages, it will display 2 editors at once

PHP Code:
    <!-- add  tiny_mce to all textfields -->
    <
    script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="{baseurl}/include/class/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
    <
    script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    tinyMCE.init({
    mode "textareas",
    theme "advanced",
    width "400",
    height"250"
    });
    </
    script
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot standing on humans face forever!

please could someone slightly adapt this to work with xinha instead of tinymce (I keep attempting it but it just causes errors)
    Many thanks in advance.

Sorry to bump the topic but could anyone adapt the code to use Xinha editor instead of tiny please?