Thread: Do i need a new property class?

Default Do i need a new property class?

I have been currently only pulling my brokerages listings for New Construction.

We have about 45.

What my broker wants to do now is pull ALL New Construction, for our metropolitan area. Which will be around 2000 listings.

What they DO NOT want is to show who the listing agents are from those listings, as that could cause conflict of interest and some other legal issues.

Do i need to make a new property class for those outside listings?
    i dont understand how i could differentiate the two considering they are all "New Construction"...

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Do i need a new property class?

What do you mean exactly by "pull"?
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Download or pull from our MLS server.

They want to show all the 2000 listings for New Construction within Boise, but can not show who the listing agent is, because of legal issues.

they want to show the listing and a blurb that says: "this listing was provided by Real Company B".

Can you provide a link to the site, i have a few ideas how it could be done but i would need to see the site.

You can PM me if you wish.

Regards

Paul

Not sure I understand the problem. Don't think you'd need a new property class for this...

Once you have imported the listings... you would have a bunch of listing fields with data provided by the MLS, setup your listing template to only show the data you want to show.... ie. you could setup the listing agent field, and listing company field to not be displayed in any template area and then add the text with a template tag to call the listing company name field value at the bottom of your page:

this listing was provided by: {listing_field_FIELDNAME_value}

That's how I do it on my wife's site... since her MLS requires the broker and agent's name hers has on every listing:

Listing information Courtesy Of:
    Joe Blow
    Open-Realty

If you wanted to isolate it so that ONLY the new construction listings had this then you would probably want to do a new CLASS and import those into that class and setup a custom listing template for that class so it has that info you need on it.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Ok, i think im partially getting the point.

Now, my company only shows our listings for "New Construction", with "Us" as the Broker.

That is our RETS import setting, to only pull our listings, that are new, never been occupied, or under construction.

I will then change that RETS import setting to pull " ALL New Construction", with anyone as the broker.

SO, now i have all of these listings, right?...

How can i differentiate the listings we have, and then put that "disclaimer" on the outside listings?

I still want to show the listing agents name for ours, but for the others i dont.

maybe im thinking about this too hard....

Not sure I understand the problem... On my wife's site, I import her listings that match her user ID on the MLS into her agent account... the other 9000+ listings I have imported into the default account which I setup as the admin account.. Both I've actually setup with the exact same name/contact info so it still shows her info on every listing anyways... the difference is I can setup a search to show "Her listings" using her user id and the rest of the listings won't show up then.

Then on every listing at the bottom we have the listing courtesy of section as its required by our MLS.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~