Thread: Cannot edit pages...

Default Cannot edit pages...

Hi,

I am brand spanking new to Open-Realty so please forgive me if any of my questions are stupid.

I have downloaded and installed open-realty on my server. I have also played a bit with the template. Nothing fancy just yet. However, when I try to edit pages it does not seem to save the information.. just returns me to a blank page.. Am I doing something wrong?

Please help as this has become urgent for the client..

thanx
    dwd

Default Re: Cannot edit pages...

Sorry, but your post is pretty vague. Which pages are yout trying to edit, how are your trying to edit them. A URL would be pretty handy too.....

Hi,

I go to the Admin page - login then click on "Page Editor"

I select a page from the drop down and click on "Edit Page"

I then proceed to edit the page using the HTML WYSISWYG editor (I have tried both TinyMCE and Xinha"

I finish the editing then click on submit and it refreshes the page. Says "Page Saved" but all the work is not!

It seems to be happening when I use tables! If I just type information in the box without any tables it seems to save it.

What URL would you like. The site is http://www.seastarproperties.co.za/index.php

Thanx...

Hi,

Sounds like that should work.....

I've used tables in the page editor without any problems so that shouldn't be it. I've only ever used fckeditor though, maybe try that.

Are you using the latest version and are all your file permissions correct? I'm no OR expert but I've had issues like this in the past with html editors in other apps and it was more often than not a permissions issue.

Stuart
    www.thepropertypros.co.za

Hi,

I have checked permissions. Shouldn't it have given an error when I installed if permissions where incorrect? Anyways, I double-checked permissions and it all seems to be correct.

Also, where does it store the info. In files or in the DB? I would assume the DB.

I'll try the FCKEditor just to be sure as well..

If there are any orher ideas, it would greatly appreciated.

DWD

Hi,

I have been doing some playing about with the install and have discovered that if I change my php version to 5 it seems to work, i.e. I can edit and save information etc. As soon as I return to php version 4 it stops working.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Please help ...

Hey,

I'm new to OR, too. I also ran into the same problem and couldn't find an answer, so I cheated...

I created a home page, then linked everything to the database. I am still working on the site, but you can take a look at it and see what I ended up doing.

http://www.realestateinmaggievalley.net

Good Luck!
    WillowWend