Thread: Migrate from Open Realty to UMP?

Default Migrate from Open Realty to UMP?

I am currently in the process of building a nice little website for a client of mine (and I finally figured out that the templates are nothing more than the main.html pages :P ) who happens to sell to the Hispanic community. At the moment, most of the pages are translated on the same page, which looks very unprofessional. However, the website has already been established (for at least a year) with a few users and listings.

Is it possible for me to just migrate from Open Realty to UMP while keeping all the settings, users and listings? If so, can someone give me a link or post a guide? Thanks.

Default Re: Migrate from Open Realty to UMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savant View Post
    and I finally figured out that the templates are nothing more than the main.html pages :P
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savant View Post
    Is it possible for me to just migrate from Open Realty to UMP while keeping all the settings, users and listings? If so, can someone give me a link or post a guide? Thanks.
    You were banned from the club!

NOPE... there is no "update" option from default O-R to UMP. You will need to install UMP and then... as you found out (did you?) you will just need to edit the main.html files to have the previous design you already wrote.

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Forgot to say: if you have "few" agents and listings, the easiest way is to insert them manually at UMP.

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Hummmmm... there is another option: you can make the necessary changes at your O-R site, following our "do_yourself.txt" file attached to UMP.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs