Thread: Pre-defined Search pages with extra text

Default Pre-defined Search pages with extra text

Hi All,

On many of my site I use predefined searches to help people who prefer to use a menu instead of a search box.

The idea is that as they are pre-defined they can have a description attached - i.e. a pre-defined area search can have nice description of the area and images.

I have tried this with a Joomla/OR mix however the only way was to insert a module with my desired text - This has ALOT of disadvantages, the main one being when the user selects the listing it continues to show the joomla module. See www.sunshineholidayrental.com to see what I mean.

I would prefer to create a OR page with a pre-define search in it that first shows my blurb/pictures and then shows my pre-defined search results.
    I.E. the page for the area "Blue Lagoon" would first show:

"Blue Lagoon
    Blue Lagoon is a well-liked residential area located between Campoamor and Villamartin. Blue Lagoon is a relatively new urbanisation which benefits from 24 hour security – the villas, apartments and townhouses are built in a variety of styles and careful consideration has been given to the landscaping of green areas and retaining established trees." etc... (with embedded images)

then give search results for any listing showing the nieghbour hood of "Blue Lagoon"

Any ideas?

If it's in the documentation I cn't find it, if someone van point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Chris Pettipiere
    www.citydigger.com
    The possible is now, the impossible will take a couple of days, miracles take at least a week.

Default Re: Pre-defined Search pages with extra text

what you have to do is open search_result_default.html save it as search_results_class_#.html.....where # is your class_id

and before the {next_prev} add in text or pictures.....so whenever someone visits the page of blue lagoon you can have the info on top of your search results......

and this is in the documentation

Kopy

Thanks Kopythat,

But will that allow me to show predefined searches? Or just class results?
    What I want to do is show on the page is seacrh defined by Open-Realty Parameters i.e: action=searchresults&&busi_type=Florist&sortby=lis tingsdb_id&s

where "busi_type" is the field name and "Florist" is one of the entered items.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris Pettipiere
    www.citydigger.com
    The possible is now, the impossible will take a couple of days, miracles take at least a week.

OR is not set up for that.................BUT......

what you could do is create a class for every business type bars, bike shop, boats.......and then alter your search form to search by class instead of business type