Thread: ...template...

Default ...template...

Hi!
    I’m making my own joomla website now, and I wander how to do a good template…I’ve made template for my site, with 3 columns: left for menu, center for content items and right for some modules, but I have one problem. When I turn off main menu module, center part stays the same as before, and left column are clear but it still there. I want to do sth, to get center part wider, when I turn left modules off. I’ve seen sth like that on www.salvagedata.com, on front page there is only two columns, but when you click on any link in top menu then there is three columns….how should I do that? How this template on www.salvagedata.com was done?

Default Re: ...template...

Quote Originally Posted by justyna View Post
    Hi!
    I’m making my own joomla website now, and I wander how to do a good template…I’ve made template for my site, with 3 columns: left for menu, center for content items and right for some modules, but I have one problem. When I turn off main menu module, center part stays the same as before, and left column are clear but it still there. I want to do sth, to get center part wider, when I turn left modules off. I’ve seen sth like that on www.salvagedata.com, on front page there is only two columns, but when you click on any link in top menu then there is three columns….how should I do that? How this template on www.salvagedata.com was done?
    Hello!
    It can be done by many ways. First, you can do your template on divs. Then if div will be empty, wouldn’t show at all. But it can be done on tables too. You need only to stay left and right column without static width parameter, and center column with width=”100%”. It should be good that way too.

Default Re: ...template...

This is the Open-Realty support forum, not Joomla.