Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some fields dont change languages

Default Some fields dont change languages

This patch is awesome, many thanks to Eduardo and Gregor.... AGAIN!!!
    I still have some small things to work out though:

One is that the fields that have multiple options and use the {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME} change languages with no problem, but the others do not... they remain in English. The entries are correct in the language files.
    I have changed the entries in the following database fields:

listingsformelements_field_caption {lang_status}

listingsformelements_field_elements {lang_Active}||{lang_Pending}||{lang_Sold}

listingsformelements_search_label {lang_search_city}

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wron or how to correct this? I am using the listing_detail_mainjavarows.html template for listings and tabbed search.

In the next/previous bar that appears on top of a listing after a search, some of the links dont work. It seems to be adding the title to the listing ID then comes up with a page not found error.

http://www.property2.realestatecostarican.com

Any help is deeply appreciated!
    Silence is golden....
    but Duck tape is silver!!
    My site: www.crfirst.com

Default Re: Some fields dont change languages

Quote Originally Posted by Terrytica View Post
    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wron or how to correct this?
    You are doing nothing wrong! But I did.

You just gave me a lot to do in the next days. I will need to change the add-on tag {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME}

Anyway... Seems you are inserting the translations at the language file located at the add-on folder. As it is today, you need to place it at the ../include/language/xx/ folder. But I will change it also.

About the next/prev bar... seems something is also wrong. But I need more time to look at it.

Please, be patient... I may need more than few days...
    Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Thanks Eduardo but don't panic yet... I AM changing the language file in the ./include/language/xx/ folder. Maybe I was SUPPOSED to change it in the ./addon_multilingual/xx/ folder?? or ALSO in that folder?
    But the strange thing for me is that when I use this tag {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME} to call the Community Features for instance, it works.
    This is a test site so far, but as soon as we get the kinks out I would like to go live with it, anyhow, no rush, I just appreciate all your work.

If you would like to see what I have actually done I can send you the files or I THINK I can add you as a user on my control panel so you can check it out.

http://www.property2.realestatecostarican.com
    Silence is golden....

I tried editing the language files in the add-on folder.... it didn't work but I guess you (Eduardo) knew that already. Has anyone come up with any more ideas?
    Silence is golden....

Dear Eduardo,

About the next/prev bar... seems something is also wrong. But I need more time to look at it.
    I have discovered the problem with my Next/Previous....

I have been putting property numbers in the title of the properties for example:
    #3 great deal!

Apparently if you put the "#" symbol anywhere in the title the next/previous WILL NOT WORK!

To get around this I have added #{listingid}) to my search_results page and listing_details page. Now my clients can see the listing number without me adding it into the title of the property!
    Silence is golden....

Dear Eduardo,
    I have discovered the problem with my Next/Previous....
    I have been putting property numbers in the title of the properties for example:
    #3 great deal!
    Apparently if you put the "#" symbol anywhere in the title the next/previous WILL NOT WORK!
    To get around this I have added #{listingid}) to my search_results page and listing_details page. Now my clients can see the listing number without me adding it into the title of the property!
    I will be looking at it soon.

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

...I still have some small things to work out though:
    One is that the fields that have multiple options and use the {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME} change languages with no problem, but the others do not... they remain in English. The entries are correct in the language files. I have changed the entries in the following database fields:
    listingsformelements_field_caption {lang_status}
    listingsformelements_field_elements {lang_Active}||{lang_Pending}||{lang_Sold}
    listingsformelements_search_label {lang_search_city}
    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wron or how to correct this?...
    Terrytica,

Last night I edited the multilingual add-on. You can download this file:
    http://ump-or.googlecode.com/svn/tru.../addon.inc.php
    And replace it with the one you have.

Now, the tag {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME} will "see" if the field has one or more than one element. Having one element, it will be printed in one line. Having more than one element, they will be printed as a list.
    Field Name, Field Caption and Field Elements does not need to be stored at the DB in the format of a lang TAG. But they need to have a correspondent variable at all language files (better, the ones at the multilingual add-on FOLDER).

About the next/previous bar... I can't find a problem. If you still have problems with it, please open a new thread.

Thanks,
    Eduardo.
    Last edited by ebmarques; 11-06-2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: typos

Open-Realty® DOCs

THANK YOU!!! I will give it a shot.
    I figured out the problem with next/prev, just cant put the # symbol in the title of the property for some reason.
    I just tried the new file but I get the same results and I really don't understand why it doesn't work!

listingsformelements_field_caption is being translated but listingsformelements_field_elements is not.

The following is how it appears in the DB:
    listingsformelements_field_caption:{lang_Access} listingsformelements_field_elements:{lang_good_all _year}||{lang_good_during_dry_season}||{lang_Primi tive}||{lang_4X4_only}||{lang_4X4_in_rainy_season} ||{lang_Asphalt}

And here is what I get on the Spanish listing page:
    Tipo de acesso: Good all year

Each entry has an identical corresponding entry in BOTH language files (in the include/language and multilingual/language

I have also tried deleting the language tags from the DB but it didn't help

Here is an example listing:
    http://www.property2.realestatecosta...radise-18.html

Another interesting thing I noticed, on the edit listing page, the elements are all translated but if you edit the listing again you have to enter the elements again because they have disappeared.
    On my old site, the elements in the edit listing page all appear with the language tags which is way more acceptable than for them not to translate on the listing page that my clients see.
    Silence is golden....

...The following is how it appears in the DB:
    listingsformelements_field_caption:{lang_Access} listingsformelements_field_elements:{lang_good_all _year}||{lang_good_during_dry_season}||{lang_Primi tive}||{lang_4X4_only}||{lang_4X4_in_rainy_season} ||{lang_Asphalt}...
    Terrytica:
    If you are using the tag {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME} DO NOT use lang tags as Field Name, Field Caption and Field Elements.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

Hi Eduardo,
    I know I am going to feel really stupid when you answer this but...
    If you are using the tag {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME} DO NOT use lang tags as Field Name, Field Caption and Field Elements.
    Here in listing_detail_mainjavarows.html I have the tag:

Code:
    <td>
    						<p><strong>Home Features: </strong><br />
    					    {addon_multilingual_field_Home_features}</p>
    						<p>&nbsp;</p>
    					  <p><strong>Property Features: </strong><br />
    					  {addon_multilingual_field_property_features} </p></td>
    					<td>
    and it works great...

But how do I get it here:
    Code:
    <td style="vertical-align:top;">
    						<div align="left">
    							<p>{top_left}						</p>
    						</div>
    					</td>
    					<td style="vertical-align:top;">
    						<div align="left">
    							{top_right}
    						</div>
    or do I need to re-write my listing_detail_mainjavarows.html ?
    Thanks for your help!
    Silence is golden....