Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some fields dont change languages

Default Re: Some fields dont change languages

Quote Originally Posted by Terrytica View Post
    or do I need to re-write my listing_detail_mainjavarows.html ?
    Terrytica,

Lets try to understand how things works.
    Think with me: if you have ONLY the OPEN-REALTY tag {top_left}... all fields related to this SECTION are going to be printed at frontend, right? One of them, for example, is your field:
    - field name: access (?)
    - field caption: {lang_Access}
    - field elements: {lang_good_all _year}||{lang_good_during_dry_season}||{lang_Primi tive}||{lang_4X4_only}||{lang_4X4_in_rainy_season} ||{lang_Asphalt}

When you go to Listing Editor, each lang tag is replaced by the correspondent value at your lang file and when you SAVE your listing, the TRANSLATION is stored at the DB and NOT the lang tag itself (this, for each listing). At frontend, what happens with this field? The value stored at the DB is displayed (again: not the lang tag) - so this way, it will never be translated.

If you wish to have a field translated, you need to have its value stored at the DB, formated as a lang tag or to use an add-on to handle it.

If you use {top_left} you will need to have for EACH listing, all fields values stored at the DB, formated as a lang tag. This is insane, so lets forget it. A solution is to use the multilingual add-on tag: {addon_multilingual_field_FIELDNAME} ... this means, YES... you need to edit your listing_detail_mainjavarows.html file.

Got it?

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

OK... Sorry to be such a pest, but..

Is there any way to keep it from being translated on the back side so it will put the language tags into the DB when you add or edit the listing? This is the way it is working on my OLD website but I don't remember how we did it or if it would work with the UMP.

To edit my listing_detail_mainjavarows.html file, do I replace the {top_left} with each of the elements like this: {addon_multilingual_field_access} ?
    Silence is golden....
    but Duck tape is silver!!
    My site: www.crfirst.com

OK... Sorry to be such a pest, but..

To edit my listing_detail_mainjavarows.html file, do I replace the {top_left} with each of the elements like this: {addon_multilingual_field_access} ?
    Ok, I tried this with a couple fields added below the {top_left} they do not even appear, no captions, no data, nothing. I have changed it back awaiting further instructions from you Eduardo or Gregor or anyone else who might have a clue!

Great hat Eduardo
    You guys really have been my early Santas! (maybe I really will get this live by Christmas??)
    Thanks
    Silence is golden....

Default Re: Some fields dont change languages... HELP PLEASE!

I understand it I must re-write my listings template page and instead of using
    {top_right} or {top_left}
    I need to use something like
    {addon_multilingual_field_City}
    {addon_multilingual_field_Province}
    {addon_multilingual_field_Beds}
    {addon_multilingual_field_Baths}
    etc.
    I made sure there were no lang tags as Field Name, Field Caption or Field Elements for those items.
    However all I get on the listing page is the caption and no values... AND I get the caption even if the item has no values.
    Can someone please explain to me what I have to do to make this work?
    What am I doing wrong??
    Silence is golden....

Default Re: Some fields dont change languages... HELP PLEASE!

What am I doing wrong??
    Sorry for taking so much time to answer you.
    Lets try a different approach? Please, email me and WE WILL TRY to get your site as you wish - yeah, for free. So I will need Control Panel, FTP and admin access to your site.

Please write to edubmarques at gmail dot com

Eduardo.
    HoHoHo! Merry Christmas!

EDITED - For the records, Terry's site is up and running as she wants:
    http://www.property2.realestatecostarican.com/
    Last edited by ebmarques; 02-09-2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: my email address changed

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Yes, it is a thing of beauty!! Thanks to Eduardos help. You are the best!! Happy New Year!!!
    Silence is golden....

Hi Eduardo,

seems I have a similar problem, but I cannot find where/how to 'tweak' it..

the problem I have is that on the listings detail (tabbed) page,
    the {top_left} and {top_right} fields aren't translated.. Should I remove these tags and replace them by {lang_beds} {lang_baths} etc?

Also, {content} displays all the content for the different languages..
    I already tried changing the {content} tag with {addon_multilingual_field_full_desc_es} but this doesn't seem to work either..

I also tried changing (as in the previous example) the tags in the db for (for example) status >> {lang_status} and {lang_active}||{lang_pending} etc.. but than nothing is displayed on the frontend...

Any idea where I can find the error?

Thanks in advance,
    Saludos,
    heinz

Quote Originally Posted by heinz View Post
    Hi Isabel,

Yes... I have a lot of ideas!
    But we will be here, posting dozens of guesses and we may need a long time to find the error. So I will really be able to help you having access to your DB, to your files and to the O-R admin panel - so if you wish, send me (BY EMAIL!!!) all logins and passwords for your Domain CPanel, MySql Server, FTP Server and O-R Admin panel.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

Quote Originally Posted by heinz View Post
    OK, got your email and I have found the mistake.
    When you edit/create/save a field using the "Edit Listing Template"... and you wish to have the field translated, you need to save to the DB a lang tag, of course. But notice this detail: once you save a field with a lang tag... the lang tag will be stored at the DB and O-R will display to you a page with its translation. Now... if you save this field AGAIN... you will be saving the translation and not a lang tag. Every time you edit or save a field, you need to type the lang tag.
    That's what happened. You lost all the lang tags at the DB. So there will be no translation, of course.

You say that tried {lang_beds}... But if you look at your language file, you will see the variable: $lang['cap_beds'] = 'Beds';
    So you should have tried {lang_cap_beds} - this lang tag need to be inserted as field caption. Actually you have as field caption "Beds". I assume you edited the field elements and saved it without re-typing {lang_cap_beds}
    The same for all the others fields. You lost at the DB, their lang tags. So you need to insert them all again. You may use the "Edit Listing Template" at admin O-R control panel.

As far as I can see, this is the only mistake.
    Fix those fields and try again.

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs

Wink Re: Some fields dont change languages

Hi Eduardo,

sorry for my late reply!
    I'm going to fix those fields as you said & will let you know the outcome..

Thanks again,
    Saludos,
    heinz