Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some fields dont change languages

Default Re: Some fields dont change languages

and hi again (that was quick!)

just to be sure, if I'm entering all those fields again (with the listing template editor) is it correctly to enter them as follows:

Baths(baths_en)
    Bańos(baths_es)
    Bakamers(baths_nl)
    etc.

..filling out each time again the complete form for each field?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I prefer to double check before adding all those fields.

thanks!
    Saludos,
    heinz

.. also, once these fields are changed in the db, should I replace the {top_left}tag with {en_top_left}, {es_top_left} etc?

The fact is that I would like this 'bunch' of information {top_left} to stay together, without having to specify each and every field (like {lang_cap_beds} {lang_cap_baths} {lang_cap_floors} etc.
    Saludos,
    heinz

Forget all that I said before !!!

I got it now and am fixing all the fields!
    (sorry, I had a blond moment...)
    Saludos,
    heinz

Hi all!

ok please help me to get out of the dark ... :-)
    me too same problem - I have right now:
    in Backend:
    - the home_features field title
    {lang_home_features} as field_caption and
    {lang_pool}||{lang_test} etc.. as field elements and in backend everything is fine. can change the lang from en - to de etc. it changes as I want to have it --- but what now with the frontend?
    I saw the field-elements are saved in the translated names in the DB and not as {lang_xxx}

so what should I do now to have this too in frontend.

i am standing right bnow in the dark and don't know where's the light ....
    :-(

Thanks!!!!!

Stev

Quote Originally Posted by loomy View Post
    me too same problem - I have right now:
    Hi Stev,

Nope... not the same. You are talking about 2 specific fields: Home Features and Community Features.
    Those fields and elements do not need to have lang tags saved at the database. Good reading:

http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?t=15299

Still having problems, please post at the thread above.

Thanks,
    Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Hello all,

I am working at a real estate website based on the UMP. Everything is working just fine and pretty straightforward, until I ran into this problem:

I have managed to translate all the fields of the search, etc except the listing title. I have an idea about how it can be done (inserting fields for each listing title language in the admin area and then modifying the listing title tags in the listing_details_default.html and search_result_box.html).

However I am not sure which files I should modify. If somebody can help me on this one, that will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1084 View Post
    ...I have an idea about how it can be done (inserting fields for each listing title language in the admin area and then modifying the listing title tags in the listing_details_default.html and search_result_box.html). However I am not sure which files I should modify.
    Hi Stefan,

You have answered your own question.
    The files are: listing_detail_default.html and search_result_box.html
    (notice it is not listing_details_default.html)

Eduardo
    Last edited by ebmarques; 05-27-2010 at 10:20 PM. Reason: notice it is not...

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Eduardo,

Thanks for the prompt reply. This I know. What my question actually was (sorry if I confused you, I am confused myself) where is the {listing_field_full_desc_de} tag generated and what files do I need to modify so it can display the title boxes in admin and also what table needs to the modified in the database.
    Also where is {listing_title} tag generated?

Stefan
    Last edited by stefan1084; 05-28-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: {listing_title} generated

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1084 View Post
    ...What my question actually was (sorry if I confused you, I am confused myself) where is the {listing_field_full_desc_de} tag generated and what files do I need to modify so it can display the title boxes in admin and also what table needs to the modified in the database.
    Also where is {listing_title} tag generated?
    We are hijacking this thread...

Template tags are the ones you can see listed at O-R DOCs... those tags are placed at HTML template files, where they are replaced by O-R core files. You do not need to touch the database, you do not need to modify any table.

At UMP, the tag {listing_field_full_desc_de} is placed at ../template/de/listing_detail_#.html files.
    And the core will replace this tag with the value you have typed (while editing a listing) at the field "Full Description" (in German). The core will take care to place it at the right table at the database - don't worry about it.

At UMP and at O-R, the listing title field (its value is replaced by "{listing_title}" tag) is defined by the core - you cannot change it. It is a required field defined by the core.

If you wish to create new fields for the listing title (each one for a different language), you need to create new fields. For example: create a new listing field named "newtitle_de" and place at ../template/de/listing_detail_#.html files the tag "{listing_field_newtitle_de}" wherever you wish it to be replaced (with the value you have typed while editing a listing).

Notice... the new listing title fields you are going to create... are going to be ignored if you choose SEF links. The URL will always consider the original (and unique) listing title field. There is no way to change it. But you can use them at the listing detail pages... so you have the title in another language.

Got it?

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

Eduardo,

Thank you very much for your explanations. I now understand and I will give it a try.
    BTW... I think you are really great helping all these strangers to a better understanding of OR and UMP.

Stefan