Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some fields dont change languages

Default Re: Some fields dont change languages

Hello Eduardo,

Here I am working/trying to understand how this works and when I finally thought I understood I ran into a major problem {at least for me}:

I tried to modify the home_features options. I inserted the following: {lang_AccessBeach}||{lang_SeaViews}||{lang_Views}| |{lang_FrontlineSea}||{lang_Garden}||{lang_Swimmin gPool}||{lang_Jacuzzi}||{lang_Terrace}||{lang_AirC onditioning}||{lang_Garage}||{lang_FurnishedYes}|| {lang_FurnishedNo}||{lang_FurnishedPartial}||{lang _CentralHeating}||{lang_WalkingShops}||{lang_Walki ngCafes}||{lang_GolfCourse}||{lang_Patio/Deck}||{lang_HardwoodFloors}||{lang_Cable/Satellite TV}||{lang_Fireplace}

They are all defined properly in lang.inc.php as:
    $lang['Access to Beach'] = 'Access to Beach';
    $lang['SeaViews'] = 'Sea Views';
    $lang['Views'] = 'Views';
    $lang['Frontline Sea'] = 'Frontline Sea';
    $lang['Garden'] = 'Garden';
    $lang['SwimmingPool'] = 'Swimming Pool';
    $lang['Jacuzzi'] = 'Jacuzzi';
    $lang['Terrace'] = 'Terrace';
    $lang['Air Conditioning Hot/Cold'] = 'Air Conditioning Hot/Cold';
    $lang['CentralHeating'] = 'Central Heating';
    $lang['WalkingShops'] = 'Walking Distance to Shops';
    $lang['WalkingCafes'] = 'Walking Distance to Cafes';
    $lang['GolfCourse'] = 'Close to Golf Course';
    $lang['Patio/Deck'] = 'Patio/Deck';
    $lang['HardwoodFloors'] = 'Hardwood Floors';
    $lang['Cable/Satellite TV'] = 'Cable/Satellite TV';
    $lang['Fireplace'] = 'Fireplace';
    $lang['Garage'] = 'Garage';
    $lang['FurnishedYes'] = 'Furnished';
    $lang['FurnishedNo'] = 'Not Furnished';
    $lang['FurnishedPartial'] = 'Partially Furnished';

For some reason beyond my power of understanding only part of them get displayed on the front end.
    Can you please help me with that?

For example {lang_Garage} gets displayed as Garage but {lang_FurnishedPartial} does not display as Partially Furnished. May I please appeal to your wisdom regarding this matter?

Thanks so much,

Stefan

I have it figured out. I just realized that if you define $lang['AccessBeach'] = 'Access to Beach'; it will not display in the listing detail. In order to be displayed you must define it $lang['Access to Beach'] = 'Access to Beach'; I believe it has something to do with how the addon is coded. It is beyond my power of understanding at this time and I have only one word for you: "Sorcerer"

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1084 View Post
    I have it figured out. I just realized that if you define $lang['AccessBeach'] = 'Access to Beach'; it will not display in the listing detail. In order to be displayed you must define it $lang['Access to Beach'] = 'Access to Beach'; I believe it has something to do with how the addon is coded. It is beyond my power of understanding at this time and I have only one word for you: "Sorcerer"
    Hi Stefan,

You got it. For your better understanding, please read this old post:
    http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?15299

LOL... yeah, once O-R is not multilingual, we had to use our creativity to find a way to get the most close possible for a multilingual solution - that's UMP: a temporally PATCH... not official... not 100% perfect (I mean, not 100% multilingual)... and kept by Forum Members (not by Open-Realty Developers Team). Notice some day it will be descontinued and there is no guarantees from Open-Realty or from myself - you will be by your own. We say it since early 2007... OK?
    While we have it, we are having fun... but "someday" (soon or later) we will not have it anymore.
    So be very aware about what you have choosed to use!

Eduardo
    Last edited by ebmarques; 05-30-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Well maybe by the time UMP gets discontinued I will have enough knowledge to use OR and make it multilingual. But it is very very far away from this point where I am at right now. So, I sure hope it does not get discontinued.
    Just a quick question, is there a possibility to have a property of the week like on the main page? Meaning, if you select from the add listing property of the week, it should appear on the main page under a custom format.
    Let me know your thoughts.
    Never mind. I have the answer already.

Here is the link so others can refer to it:

http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?13822

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1084 View Post
    ...So, I sure hope it does not get discontinued. ...
    Nope... not a hope. Soon or later UMP WILL BE discontinued and die!
    Please, be very aware!
    Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)