Thread: image sizing issue/ also mls linking issue

Default image sizing issue/ also mls linking issue

I looked through the forum but didn't see issue. I hope I didn't over look it.

I finally figured the first one out. I wanted to aadd my answer in case someone else has the issue.

I upgraded server packages and had to reinstall the or site. Now, when I upload images they are really huge. They are being distorted to a huge size. The distorted part is because they are not really that big, just don't know why they are displaying so big.
    -
    I had the wrong setting on the Listing Template:. It was on set to jave column... should have been on default.
    -------

Anyone?

I hope someone will see part 2 but unrelated questions.

Is there a way to create a link to realtor property in an mls site and/or create a way to pull in mls data? The problem I have is some do not use the mls gateway the alamls.com site uses to pull in mls info but others do. So we need a way to offer both. Hope this makes sense?

Default Re: image sizing issue/ also mls linking issue

Check your image size settings and resize setting in site config.

In the listing template editor, you can add a URL field for them to enter a link.

Pulling in mls data depends on what formats the MLS supplies the data. Transparent Tech has RETS and IDX software available. Other formats like XML or CSV could require a custom script to read the data and enter it into the OR db.

Thank you for the information. First one I figured out.

Second one, well I only know they are not rets compatible.

You should be able to contact your MLS office and ask them what kinds of data feeds they offer. They probably offer an IDX feed to agents and brokers who are members.

If they offer an IDX feed you want to ask them for the supporting documentation which will tell you how the data is distributed, what fields are contained in the feed, what the field data types are, how often the feed is updated. Etc.

Once you have this info you should be able to get some guidance on how to integrate the info into your site and have it updated on a regular basis.

I just went through this process myself withe the help of people here. One other thing, you need to know how many properties will be coming from your MLS so that you can make sure your server will handle the loads.

Start with your local MLS office to get the info. Good luck
    Carl in New Hampshire