Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to have dynamic state/city of pbFlash, showing in admin?

Default Re: how to have dynamic state/city of pbFlash, showing in admin?

I responded to this under the original threelevelsearch addon thread, a moderator will have to approve the post first. I included packed and minified js files, they are pretty large, and there is a mention of the xml files not being cached in case they are changed. I will figure out a workaround.

Speed, To speed it up i tried using a cron job to write the xml files so that only regions/towns etc with listings were shown and that worked fine. But I still found it too slow to leave live; would it be better to look at it in a different way and hide and show divisions containing the relevant lists and miss out all the spry stuff?

This is just an off the head question

If you update the xml files via cron often, you have to leave the xml files uncached as it is the case now. I think I will change the javascript so they can be cached per day, right now none are cached. Apart from that, if individual xml files are fetched slowly, it must be due to your connection. There is a way to send larger xml files once in the beginning if you data format makes sense to do (eg: combine xml for level 1 and level 2 or level 2 and level 3 together, you could even combine all 3 levels into one xml - it depends upon the nature of your data). What's the site where this is the problem? I will see if I notice something that can be fixed.

It was on one of my sites but I took it down. I will put it back up in a dummy/sandbox install and put the url here when i have done it.
    Thabks for the offer, love to have it sorted.

Rob