Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Form

Default Contact Form

I take it making a simple contact form for Open Realty is a hard feat to accomplish. I have a really nice PHP contact form that I'd like to use with Open Realty that supports both English and Spanish, yet getting it to work with Open Realty is becoming a major pain and headache. I'm almost willing to use Inline Frames (gasp!) for it to work.

I see a couple of commercial add-ons for it, but I really don't want to slap down $40 for a contact form that isn't nearly as good as what I already have and it looks like it's just a tweaked Contact Agent form made to not popup.

My question I guess would be... has anyone been able to get any independent form scripts to work with OR? or better yet UMP because I need a contact form for English and another which I can translate in Spanish.

Amazing the OR programmers didn't think of putting a contact email form in the script and what possessed them to use pop ups to contact the agents or use pop ups on other features? I think pop ups in general are awful to use since there are so many pop up blocker functions in browsers today.

Default Re: Contact Form

The easiest method is to rewrite the script as an addon for OR. You could try placing he code into the page editor but that does not always work depending on how the script is written.

My form is a lot more than just a tweaked agent contact form made not to popup. There are a lot of things that can be done with the form. It could also be modified to use different lang files based on the users selected lang in UMP.

The money for the form also allows me to spend more time on OR development instead of other paying work. The more I make from my addons, the less paid work I have to take on allowing more time to work on OR.

Hi btempleton

Looking at what you need doing with your Contact Form that you have made I tend to look at it this way. If I cannot do it my self I get somone else to do it for me.

$40.00 is not a great deal of money when you look at how much time you have
    spent trying to get your form to work.

have another look at PBFlash.com i an sure he can help you.

Albert

All I have to say is if you need a contact form for a contact page, I highly recommend paying $40 for it.

If I would have had the extra cash I would definitely bought the add on, I ended up using Microsoft's IFrames to display the free contact form script that I found at Green-Beast.com. I try to stray away from using IFrames on a website since older browsers don't support them but I figure if my broke self can afford a computer with an updated browser then chances are the person who can't view the frames can't afford to buy a house either.

Cheers,

Brian

It depends on what you want to do with the contact form you have.
    If all enquiries are going to the same address, you can just use your form action to send the forms, save the forms whatever the one youve got does.
    Then adjust on your listing-detail template file the form to have whatever fields or hidden fields you need.
    ie
    <input type="hidden" name="From" value="{fulllink_to_listing}" /> or whatever.
    You could equally pull the user id,price whatever else you want

Otherwise pay PB, he needs the money

best,
    Rob

just looking over the original question,
    Has anyone...?
    i use masterform on one site and it works well, in the past i used phpfoprmmailer( i think that is the name) and that worked well but peeps kept on finding ways of using it for spam, i have also used phpforms which is very elegant, but on a small site with few listings - a private rental site - without heavy modifications it is not suitable for a site where listings are many and change often, I use pbs addon on another site and it also works well, my only dislike of pbs form is the fact that it is not possible to get at the code to modify it a bit, but i understand why it has to be that way, on another site i just use a slightly modified version of the inbuilt contact form which also works well.

However if you do not want to get your hands dirty with code, i would heartily reccommend you go with pbs form or revive's form.

How much of your time does $40 represent?

Rob

l

Red face Re: Contact Form

Well said RobSouthern,
    My only comment is, if you are using OR which is Free and people are spending their time updating it and answering our questions, then it would'nt be such a good idea to talk about their product or why they do what they do.

"I see a couple of commercial add-ons for it, but I really don't want to slap down $40 for a contact form that isn't nearly as good as what I already have and it looks like it's just a tweaked Contact Agent form made to not popup."

Other than that I use PB's Contact Form Plus and its great, I would like other features added but thats just how people are.. (especially women..) we're never satisfied.

Brandy1j~
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

Yep! i bet you want zactly the same as me, Brandy.
    a full readable log by date or whatever and not a click away from a property-editor listing?

Hi All

What other features would like for the contact form?

Albert

Hi there,
    I would like all contact ( send to a friend, contact agent (listing), contact agent /company general) messages to be stored in the db.

I would like to view all message logs, or filter to view just listing contact or general contact.

I would like to be able to sort these by date or by listing no or by agent.

I would like the results to appear in a table with the following headers

Date, enquirer first name, second name, email as clickable link,Tel no, country, whatever, message, listing id as clickable link if listing enq, agent first name second name, email as clickable link

Extra fields such as 'action taken ''date of action' 'notes field' would be luxury extras and would need a lot more work to implement.

That's all

Pb's does quite a lot of this but I would like it to go further.

best,
    Rob