Thread: Search Page Options: Checkbox individual vs Distinct List Allow Multiple

Default Search Page Options: Checkbox individual vs Distinct List Allow Multiple

Hi all,

Right now, I have search enabled on "Area", a field that's useful in a rural setting. The client likes Checkboxes--because you can see them all at once (unlike the list that only shows 5 items) and it's easy to click on them.

However, I'd like the checkbox to ALLOW multiple, like the list does. Where is the code for this? I'll do it myself if it's not too hard. Or maybe just expand the list box to show all at once?

Here's the site: http://www.lakecountycaforeclosures.com

I hacked it a little to show a sample property on the home page. And it rotates a different one everyday. And it only shows 1 property from the search if you're not registered.

thanks!
    Michael

Default Re: Search Page Options: Checkbox individual vs Distinct List Allow Multiple

OK! The simple answer is to expand the list from the default of 5 to 22, which shows all the options. Actually it wasn't too hard to find in /include/search.inc.php. Around line 1660, under "case 'select_or':" you'll find:

MODERATED - Please do not post core file changes to the forum.

thanks! Michael, that wasn't hard at all.