Thread: MLS Import Project

I went to my local IDX "planetrealtor.com" and was able to download the IDX database for my area in Florida. I also learned that it is the same IDX for both Florida and Maine brokers.

The download file format is in an ASCII file, comma delimited between fields, enclose by double quotes, new-line terminator between records (carriage-return or carriage-return + new line). Also included in the download was IDX_ExportFileLayout.xls. For this particular IDX it should not too be difficult to set up a data export to the mysql databases. It is likely that other, perhaps most, IDX's have similar download formats.

Here is my idea of needs to be done.

1. Those interested in getting an MLS import should check with their local IDX to determine if their has a IDX download and if so the format of the download.

2. Develop a standard list of fields to import into OR.

3. Develop the import files. (if there is no one who can take on the project from the OR community I will put it out to bid on rent-a-coder.

Is anyone interested in joining this project?

Frank

There is a file standard in XML format developed by the Mortgage Industry. It is called MISMO, and you can find more information from their website at www.mismo.org

If you were to create an import tool, you would be best off by starting from here. The mercury network by A la Mode encompasses a very large portion of the market (at least from the perspective of Appraisals) and can change any of their data to MISMO. They have an open plug-in API that allows anyone to create a plug-in that will convert to this format as well as their own TOTAL XML file format.

Jeremy

Cool any updates to mls import????

I saw where there has been a lot of work regarding importing MLS files, and many people are spending a lot of time with this program. I was wondering if there have been any updates or insights on uploading mls from florida mls.

I want to offer my realtors free web pages with listings...another idea to spend my time upon...always something.

hope you hear from you,
    Elise

I haven't done much follow up on the mls after posting several times to gage the interest. I concluded there isn't very much. I know there are several individuals who have propritary solutions and perhaps that is the best way.

If there is interest in an open source solution I would be happy to help out.

Frank

Frank,

There's a few guys that have done this already. I think one of them is in Florida as well. I have not yet done this. Search forum for "mls import".
    If I find it I will come back and give you the link.

RealEstate

Here ya go. Hope this guides you to someone who can help with the mls import.

http://www.open-realty.org/support/s...ghlight=import

http://www.open-realty.org/support/s...ghlight=import
    Last edited by RealEstate; 07-14-2004 at 03:09 PM.

Default IDX Import Project

I am currently working on creating an IDX import solution using Planet Realtors data. I have hired a PHP/MySQL programmer to help because I am not. We have basically just started. So far we have automated the data download and file decompression and are currently working out the import process. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions concerning the data import they would be appreciated. I plan on posting the final results when complete.

Jon

Jon,

Awhile back I posted a concept for a mls import. Here is the link:

http://www.open-realty.org/support/s...ead.php?t=1812

It may be helpful in organizing the mls project you are working on.

Frank

Default IDX Import Utility

Just wanted to give an update to those that are interested in this utility and ask that you email me at to let me know your interested. Just want to make sure the extra time and expense setting up an installation is worth it.

This MOD should be ready to post in about a week. This utility has been created to import IDX (Internet Data eXchange) data from FAR (Florida Association of Realtors). However, it shouldn't be too difficult do adapt it to another data layout.

If you visit http://www.living.net/ there is a pulldown of states (not all 50), choose a state and when the page loads look for a "Find a Realtor" link and click it. If the URL of the page that loads is http://webapps2.planetrealtor.com/ chances are you can get IDX data formatted to work with this utility. I know FAR gives every realtor and real estate company in florida a page on the living network for free. If it's the same in your state that is where you will get access to the data download. You will need a password from a realtor or broker.

The only downside to the IDX data provided by FAR is that it only comes with one photo. We are creating a script that will load all available photo's for a given listing directly from FAR's servers upon request.

Jon

Default Yes, VERY interested

I'm in Florida (the other coast from you) and yes, I'm very interested in your mod. I'll send an e-mail off-board as requested.
    Sonja Ray

Default My import CSV MLS module

Quote Originally Posted by frobn
    I haven't done much follow up on the mls after posting several times to gage the interest. I concluded there isn't very much. I know there are several individuals who have propritary solutions and perhaps that is the best way.

If there is interest in an open source solution I would be happy to help out.

Frank
    I have a simple csv module created. There is a little function that smart-maps the fields. This has to be hard-coded for different mls databases.

I still need to write an image-importer. If anyone has one of those, please let me know! If someone wants a copy of what I have so far, let me know. I need help fleshing it out so that it is turn-key for a customer.