Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Check out my Real Estate Website

Default Re: Check out my Real Estate Website

Quote Originally Posted by gtha View Post
    To add the HOT / SOLD / HOLD logos on top of the thumbnail and main photos you have to do it in three stages.

1) Go to website admin page and select the Edit Listing Template logo and from the drop down select the status field to edit. Inside the Status field general options go to the Field Elements category and add the following line Active||Pending||Sold||Hold||Hot

2)Now go to the template directory and open the search_result_box.html (or whichever you have selected as the Search Result Template inside site config). Open the file in text editor and search for {image_thumb_1} and add before the text the following line :
    <div id="westcoast_thumb_{listing_field_status_value}"> </div>

Same way open the listing_detail_mainjavacolumn.html (or whichever you have selected as the Listing Template inside site config) and search for {main_image_java} and add before the text the following line :
    <div id="westcoast_{listing_field_status_value}"></div>

3)Now you have to open your default stylesheet (could be found inside your template directory style.css ) and add the following line :

#westcoast_thumb_Hot{
    position: absolute;
    background-image: url(images/hot_thumb.png);
    width:60px;height:43px;
    z-index: 10;margin:2px;padding:0;
    }

#westcoast_Hot{
    position: absolute;
    background-image: url(images/hot_big.png);
    width:134px;height:97px;
    z-index: 10;margin:2px;padding:0;
    }

Now in photoshop create two transparent thumb (dimension you can take from above) and save as png inside the images directory.

Now to activate the HOT/SOLD thumb and main photos you have to edit your listing and under status field change the dropdown from active to HOT or SOLD.
    I'm having some issues with this. If someone doesn't mind helping me out. I just installed the latest version of OR and I love it! I'm tinkering and customizing and it's completely scaleable. It's amazing!

I would like to be able to add an overlay by simply changing the status to pending or open house. I followed the steps except for where it says to add in the field elements because I don't want Hot and Hold but I get no overlay when the status changes. I tried changing the code that is supposed to be added in the css to "#westcoast_thumb_Pending{" but still nothing. I'm actually kind of confused how OR knows to tag this overlay to a specific status.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Evan

UPDATE: fixed it. not really sure what the problem was before cause it's working now.

This is very cool! Where did you get some of the layouts and templates? For example, the details per listing is nice.

I ask because I am working on soem things for a client and you have some nice things going on that I would like to use...

AND where did you get the things for Make an offer, etc...Very nice..

Eric

Too busy.

*MODRATED - link violates forum usage rules.

This was really nice. I have a client wanting me to do a realtor site for them, based off this script. They had showed me this link to see your site.

You can use png.fix.js for fixing the png problem in the IE..

GTHA Your site is great.
    I'm an experienced XHTML/CSS designer and installed OR today.
    I'm now in the process of tinkering template.
    Hopes your posts will help me to do it well.

thanks.

Hi GTHA !,
    I need a search form like you have in your site - http://www.westcoastdubai.com/
    Please tell me how to do it.
    If you need a payment for it, I can consider it too.