Thread: Any Suggestions? Nearing Completion

Default Any Suggestions? Nearing Completion

I have been using/building my site for a very long time. I recently decided to get serious and use transparentRETS to pull listings, their maps, along with a few other addons.

My site has been climbing in google for a while but I only get the occasional lead. I realize the effect of having thousands of listings hasn't taken yet, but I want to be sure I am doing everything I can to capture leads. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. The only thing I am currently completing is updating all of the neighborhoods to contain links to listings within the area, a few are complete but I have a bunch to go.

http://nickcosper.com

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

Default Re: Any Suggestions? Nearing Completion

You are using an (very) old model from the LAZULI template and I strongly recommend you to update to the one with O-R v.2.5.2

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Is it really? How old is it? I just used the one that was included with the 2.5 OR release.
    I'll check out the newer versions, it is a very nice template!

Quote Originally Posted by ncosper View Post
    Is it really? How old is it? I just used the one that was included with the 2.5 OR release. I'll check out the newer versions, it is a very nice template!
    I am not so sure about the date, but I believe it is July/2007. Those files were sent by email and some how included at O-R v.2.5.0
    The "right" LAZULI template is the one included with O-R v.2.5.2

The main HTML template files (main.html and page100_main.html) have at the very first line, the XML prologue:
    HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="{charset}"?>
    At the servers that have PHP short tag ON, this is returning an error message.
    You have two alternatives. Modify this line to:
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo '<'.'?xml version"1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"'.'?>'?>
    Or include at your .htaccess file this line:
    Code:
    php_flag short_open_tag Off
    Seems there are a LOT of servers with this "problem"...

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

that really is a bummer that an old version was included with 2.5. After just mod'ing the outdated version I can already sense the headache doing it all over again. I guess I'll make the change here sometime soon though, thanks!

Any suggestions on what I should do to be sure to capture as many leads as possible?