Thread: UMP- Pherhaps a solution for "select"-field

Question UMP- Pherhaps a solution for "select"-field

Hello all,
    i have a question about the multilingaul-patch. I would make a "directly" Search in the Frontend of trhe shop, wich lists all items where are for example in Community-Features in Demoshop. So the User could click on one ittem in the Navigation on the left, and after, there sould display all searchresults with this feature. Now is the problem, which is discussed very hot in this forum, that the listingformelements_value is in that language insertet in DB which is selected. For the field description is this solved, that for every language is a textfield, wich is shown on "New Listing"-Page. Now my question.
    I think this solution woul be ok for me for that community-Features when i insert a new Field for every "select-type"field. I would add on this art 6 differents "select" fields, witch would show on the navbar as a "quicksearchitem".
    The thing is, that it is terrible for a makler, how declare a new listing. There would shown a lot of boxes for every language, but he must select for all language the same option. So it is not possible to change the code in this art, that only that box would shown, but that it insert inthe DB for every language. For example when i had selected english an the adminpanel, that only the box in the right language would shown, but the code insert this in every language in DB. I think this sould be possible with hidden fields or so, where all the words are insertet in the right language and only shown as one "select"type-field in "new listing"page but when the page is created(subbmit) that a item in DB would create for every language.
    i am sorry for my bad english. If is so bad, that peoples dont understand the problem, please write.
    Thanks for all inputs which would solve this problem
    Greats Miklo

Default Re: UMP- Pherhaps a solution for "select"-field

Hi Miklo,

First, welcome to O-R!

Well, I THINK... that I have understood what you wrote.
    So I have some points to clarify.

- this is NOT, definitely not, a good moment to modify the multilingual add-on. I am VERY busy, at the middle of a big job, with no free time to look at it. And I wish to release UMP at the next days, the same O-R v.2.5.0 was released. So I am in trouble.

- what you want would require DB modifications. I mean, the multilingual add-on would need to create one or several tables to store fields, its translations and elements translated. And THIS... we don´t want to have (modifications at the DB), at least for now. Maybe in the future or for a paid job. Few months ago I have tested a new free multilingual add-on that was creating language FILES (in spite of storing at the DB) and this COULD be the solution (I am not sure) - but since then, I had no free time to develop it.

- UMP is not 100% multilingual. It is supposed to be used as a TEMPORALLY "solution", till the release of the Official Open-Realty v.3.0 (when it is supposed to be fully multilingual). This is what we all are waiting for and badly!

Finally, I have a suggestion: TRY to have multiple installations... one for each language.
    At the Forum this issue is very well documented and making a Forum search you will find the directions to do it.

Good luck!

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Hi ebmarques,
    thanks for welcome to O-R.
    First off all, sorry because my bad english. I hope people understand my "german translated" englisch :-)

I understand that you wouldn't change something in the core in DB of OR.
    But i read that you have found an addon which store this in a file and not in DB.
    I had the same idea but while i am very new in developing any PHP solutions, I couldn't implements this at the moment. My question now is where you had found this addon. I searched the "hole" net but i hadn't found something. Pherhaps, you could write, where you have found this addon, to consider a "template" how I must do this, or send me a PN or Mail with this addon.
    It would be great.

Greetings
    Miklo

Quote Originally Posted by Miklo View Post
    My question now is where you had found this addon. I searched the "hole" net but i hadn't found something. Pherhaps, you could write, where you have found this addon, to consider a "template" how I must do this, or send me a PN or Mail with this addon. It would be great.
    Miklo,

The FREE add-on I was talking about, is one that I was writting and did not finished. You will find it nowhere. For now, forget it... I have no conditions to finish it - maybe... after August or September, I restart trying to write it.

Eduardo.

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)