Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: listings meta title

Default listings meta title

Hi
    Is it possible to for the individual listings title to be placed in the meta title tags on the main.html template rather than a broad description applied through the config control panel.

Regards
    Sheila

Default Re: listings meta title

If you are running the current version, you can set seperate meta tags for the listing pages through site config. Look at your site config screen and read the OR docs.

Hello
    Thankyou for your response, through site config I have set seperate meta tags for the listing pages but what I was looking for was to display the individual listings titles in the meta <title>.

Thanks
    Sheila

In the site config there is a setting for default page title and listing page title. Set the listing page title with what you want (check the template tags you can use) and make sure you have the correct template tags in your main.html file.

<title>{site_title}</title>

Hi
    Thanks for the info, sorry I didn't explain properly what I wanted was to have the name of each property as the meta title on the listing pages but it dosent look like its possible.

Sheila

Yes it is if you are using the current version. Use the proper template tag in the listing page title area of site config. There is a link right next to the input box that will show you the template tags that can be used in that field and one of them is the listing title. See attached screen shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi
    Sorry to be a pain,
    If I place the tags <title>{site_title}{listing_title}</title> on the main.html page and go to listing view the listing_title tag just pulls the information I have placed in the Listing Page Title box in config.
    But if I place the listing_title tag in listing_detail_default.html it pulls the title of each listing.
    Should the listing_title tag on the main.html page produce the listing title for each individual listing.

Sheila

Should the listing_title tag on the main.html page produce the listing title for each individual listing.
    No. You need to use the settings in site config as I expalined in my last 3 posts. Enter {listing_title} in the Listing Page Title box in site config. main.html should only have <title>{site_title}</title>.

Hello
    That's great thank you so much for your help.

Sheila

I have 2 little problem.

1. On my meta title I want put the full description and this field is called "Full description", then how can I put that field on the meta since it has on blank space, do I put something like:

{listing_agent_field_Full description}

I try, but don`t work. then what?

2. On the meta title I put:

{listing_field_zone}-{listing_field_Status}-{listing_title}

And is working fine, but the resulting is:
    Zone:&nbsp;South of Uvita to Palmar-Status:&nbsp;For Sale-Brisas Del Mar lots

I won`t the "Zone:" and the "Status:" words, how can I not show this words and only the content of the field.

thanks.