Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broken text formating in Firefox

Default Broken text formating in Firefox

It is OK in IE but in Firexox formating is broken. Pls see the pic attached.

Firefox does not understand <br /><br /> ?
    Attached Images

Default Re: Broken text formating in Firefox

Exactly where is the problem? It looks OK to me. Firefox does 'understand' <br />.

If i have a problem with the view of my site then it is IE and not Firefox, there is always some small different's from IE and Firefox!

There should be spaces between Year Built: 1800 and Full Description: and Home Features

Year Built: 1800

Full Description:

Home Features

And now it is like this:

Year Built: 1800
    Full Description:
    Home Features

I would guess that it has to do with the fact that your listing view page has over 750 validation errors. You will always have display problems between browsers unless your site uses 100% valid code.

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    I would guess that it has to do with the fact that your listing view page has over 750 validation errors. You will always have display problems between browsers unless your site uses 100&#37; valid code.
    No! My listing has NO any errors at all I write standart HTML and CSS

Moreover, these screenshots are from your official site http://www.open-realty.org/demo/list...listing-1.html
    Template - rounded_boxes

BTW, there is one error in this page:

http://www.open-realty.org/demo/list...listing-1.html

We want to belief this! Tanks god pbflash has no problem with the view of his site!

Well, firefox understands <br /><br /> just fine, however there is only a single <br /> after the value and that is not what is creating the space or not.

Each of those areas is contained within div's whose layouts are controlled by CSS. Some templates display a space there some don't depending on their CSS values.

Based on the code on that template I would actually say that Firefox is more correctly rendering the page and IE is adding an artificial space where there wasn't intended to be one.

You can switch between templates and view the various CSS code to see differences in how those div's are handled and where differences however this is not a bug, its just a quirk in the markup handling of two different browsers.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

No! My listing has NO any errors at all I write standart HTML and CSS
    I stand corrected. It was actually another site that had the errors. For some reason I thought it was you.
    We want to belief this! Tanks god pbflash has no problem with the view of his site!
    This is not my site. That is the OR demo site which I do not manage or have access to. The template in question did pass validation with no errors when it was added to OR and until now, nobody has reported the error. Something must have changed since it was originally added.

Cyclades Handyman - The differences you mention could be due to the errors in your template code. Cleaning them up would probably help with different browsers.