Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOD - Virtual Tour Module [040504]

Ooop's should have said chmod the vtour folder to 777 :oops:

I tried your photo and got the same result as you, I opened your photo in Paint Shop Pro and re-saved it as .jpg and it worked, what Image Editing Program are you using???

I am using photopaint 11

I did chmod the vtour folder to 777, including the images folder itself.

I installed OR as a free service to the members of the costa blanca bulletin board. You can find it at http://forums.photoplus.nu/portal.php
    Click in the left menu on FREE REALTOR LIST MANAGER

There are only two listings for the moment with one virtual tour.
    STILL this error too:
    Line: 9
    Error: java.lang.Exception: newPanoFromList(0): no such method exists
    What would cause this?

Thanks for your advice,
    Tristan

I just checked the code and I believe above error would cease if all panorama's would be preloaded using the

Code:
    <param name=preload value="path to pano1, path to pano2, ..." />

Tristan
    Oh, I just noticed that the text area remains empty (although a description has been entered)

Just checked out your Pano's and they both work for me with no errors,
    Have you tried them on another computer? also what Operating System are you using? If it' XP you might have to re-do your java virtual machine files and update to Service Pack 1a, I had the same error temporarily but can't seem to remember the fix I did, read thru my other posts, Do you have your "ptviewer.class" file in your root folder for OR? if the viewer isn'tr in the right place it won't work, let me know if any of this helps.

also right click and save the pano that I resaved in my previous post and see if that works , Im not familiar with your program, but if you can get a copy of Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Elements 2 you would be a lot further ahead also for stitching the oano see one of my other posts above about Panorama Factory, stitches excellent panos, (I tried several and this was not only the easiest to use, but gave the best quality over more expensive progies)

Hello,

It still is funny as I build (a while ago) a testsite using ptviewer and that does not generate this error.
    Here is the link: http://360.photoplus.nu/tvj/appt1/
    and another one http://immo.photoplus.nu/SUNDIAL/
    Both sites work well, you can switch to other panorama's by clicking on the thumbnails at the the right side for the first example and on the bottom for the second example.

I'm obviously concerned regarding compatibility. I'm pretty sure people will not start upgrading just to see my virtual tours.
    there must be a reason why this error is generated with the virtual tour mod and not with the sites I built. :?:

Also I do not see text in the description field.

Tristan

Answer to your question:
    I have latest service pack installed
    latest sun virtual machine
    ptviewer.class and jar in root folder
    photopaint saves in an unusual format that is not recognized by virtual tour mod (strange). I used photoshop to save the picture and now it does work.

Hey there..... Sorry it's taken me so long to respond but I just had my computer up and die on me. Had a bad power supply that fried a hard drive and then my motherboard and the new hard drive so I'm on an old POS computer for now till I can get a new one built.

I personally have not experienced, nor been able to reproduce any of the errors or problems that about 3-4 people have reported now.

However, I was working on rewriting and cleaning up a the little bit of code used in the virtual tour mod which, I was hoping would eliminate any problems. Unfortunately I lost all the work in the comptuer crash so it'll be about a week or two before I can start working on the rewrite again. Although, it should go a lot quicker this time since I already did it once.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

hey tristan,

on this link:
    http://360.photoplus.nu/tvj/appt1/
    i can switch from one vt to another and they load and play fine.
    BUT, when i click on the left pictures they dont display. the viewer becomes blank.

on this link:
    http://immo.photoplus.nu/SUNDIAL/
    some of the pics on the left dont load.

has anybody experience the same?

After reading through all of the posts in this thread and trying to understand why I always get the errors for the newPanoFromList as the viewer opens, I can finally enjoy this great mod

I had to disable the sun java applet in IE and now there are no errors and the description text (wasn't there with sun jvm) is back. Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Uncheck the box to use the Sun Java Applet Viewer.

Not only were those problems remedied, but the image quality and speed are incredibly improved! I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the amazing mod! 8)

Hey guys, thought this would be the best forum to place this request. I just need a few sample panorama images so that I can play around with the virtual tour mod. Amazingly, Google didn't do much for me, but I might just be struggling in my Sunday mindset (confusion and laziness).

Anyway, I'd be obliged if anyone's got sample I could use.