Thread: Looking for help making MLS data available for Flash

Default Looking for help making MLS data available for Flash

I am looking to hire someone to create an XML feed or other MLS-dynamic data feed for use in flash. The MLS I am dealing with is Aspen, Colorado. Anyone have any experience with this or know if OR would be a good solution? Interested in the project? FYI I am primarily a flash and XHTML/CSS/JS developer with some basic PHP skills but no advanced PHP or other dynamic language...
    -Adam

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Looking for help making MLS data available for Flash

That's a pretty vague project description. You might want to elaborate what information exactly you want to output to FLASH, and what the source of that information would be.

As far as "if OR would be a good solution" that is also vague, but I can tell you OR does not output anything to FLASH.

If you need to import MLS data using an IDX or RETS repository, Transparent Technologies (makers of OR) have 2 commercial add-ons for that, you can find out more info here:

http://www.transparent-realestate.com/index.html
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Thank you for your response sandking. To elaborate, I am a front-end designer and developer and a noob in the real estate arena, so Im just gaining basic knowledge of the MLS and IDX. I would like to create a flash site for this client in which listings are displayed via flash. This would be possible if I could parse the data into an XML file. Sorry for the vague descriptions, I just dont have the knowledge to go into any more detail at this point.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

The add-ons I mentioned will get the data and photos from the MLS into OR. OR itself does not have any built-in XML export capabilities, but there are several XML-ish export add-ons in the free add-ons area, and there are some commercial ones floating about as well.

If you haven't already, you should probably evaluate and see if OR will get close to doing what you want before soliciting a paid project, that way you don't have any surprises or unattainable expectations.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way