Thread: Search Listings Price Selections Tip

Default Search Listings Price Selections Tip

I'm sure most of you have already figured this out, but for those that haven't I have a neat tip. One of the visitors to our website was a real pain in the butt about his dissatisfaction with the way the prices displayed in the Prices dropdown when doing searches. Because it's based on lowest and highest listing price it had a tendency to be different each time he visited the site. I think the gentleman might be related to the TV character, Monk.

Anyway I struggled, as I'm rather inexperienced, over how this could be remedied without doing or asking for coding to be done. Then it came to me and I felt like such the fool. All I did was create an inactive listing at $0.00 and it solved the problem. Now regardless of what price the listings are, the list always starts at $0-$50,000.

I know this is probably old news, but for anyone that may have a thick spot in their head like me, hopefully this will be helpful.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Search Listings Price Selections Tip

Or, you could have just hardcoded the price field on your search page template and used static values.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default Re: Search Listings Price Selections Tip

See what I mean about inexperienced? I'll get up to speed eventually. I must say I really do enjoy working with OR. It is such a great software. It boggles my mind at how much work has gone into it since it started. Not to mention all you folks that have supported this forum for so many years. Other organizations could learn a lot from this. Thanks again.